BH
Posted By
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not sure, but see if what you need to do is change the text color of "links." I just did a test; I changed the background color to black and the text to white, but the file names continued to show in blue, which was the last setting I’d used. I hadn’t made any changes in the colors of any of the links. I think "text" refers only to what’s in the banner. I didn’t think to write anything in there, so there was nothing to look at. 🙂

By the way, regardless of what I’ve "asked" to have printed under the images, I’ve never gotten anything besides the file name. ??? If there’s a secret setting for this part, we’re both missing it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
maccie
Aug 1, 2003
Thanks for testing Beth. When you said to change text color to links I thought, how obvious, because the thumbnails are links right? Well, I tried it out and the text is still black and not noticable. So……I’ll just forget about adding anything to the thumbnails. Actually, when I name the image whatever & don’t check the File box but just check the Title box, that is what gets up in the banner so I guess there’s no reason to check the file box.

There probably is a secret setting we are missing. I love the fact of the Picture Gallery, it’s so easy to do since I know almost nothing about html. I just wish that I knew how to add more text to describe some of the images I send up for my friends & family.

Thanks again.

Maccie
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
Maccie, I put my galleries through Adobe PageMill so I can add more in the way of names, dates, places, etc. That software is obsolete now (which makes it such a good match for me and my computer!) I think GoLive is the Adobe replacement, at least for Macs.

As a matter of fact, I’ve been working on a project this afternoon. I got frustrated, though, because I’m having to redo one entire set of images because the Win machine doesn’t like one of the symbols I had in a file name. Grrrrr.
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 4, 2003
Beth,

GoLive is available for Mac OS and Windows.

Rich
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 6, 2003
Go Live sounds great but i only have 5mb’s of free space from my isp. I looked into getting more but i don’t see the option in my isp’s tech pages. They should sell more shouldn’t they ?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections