JN
Posted By
Jay Newman
Sep 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been converting graphic files to Web Photo Galleries and it works like a charm, but I can’t seem to get Security text to be added over JPEG images, only over GIFs.

I can see it writing it over the image when it converts JPEGs, just like it does with GIFs, but in the end result there’s nothing there with JPEGs, only with GIFs.

Is this a normal limitation?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JD
Juergen D
Sep 13, 2003
Jay,

A while ago we were trying to get rid of unwanted copyright info. That was discussed in this thread:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.1dea4f28
(look towards the end of the discussion.)
Maybe you can find a clue there.

Juergen
JN
Jay Newman
Sep 14, 2003
Juergen,

Thanks for the hint, but I’ve looked everything over, tried changing just about variable I can imagine — font, size, color, rotation, custom text versus filename stamp, resize images on or off, using different files and folders — and nothing works.

I didn’t really expect the ideas in the thread you referred to would help once I read them because, as I said, it’s working fine with GIF images, just not with JPEGs (even though I’m "sometimes" seeing it draw the Security text over the image as it converts each image in creating the gallery).

I wonder if this works for others or if it’s a universal limitation.

Thanks again.

Jay
JD
Juergen D
Sep 14, 2003
Jay,

I’ve tried to duplicate it and don’t have a problem adding the security text. Where are you taking the security text from? Are you manually entering it as you run >Create Web Photo Gallery or are you taking copyright info that is already in the input image file? If it is the latter, check the file info and see if it is really there. If you had saved that file with >Save for Web it probably isn’t. From your description though, it does not sound like that’s the problem. One last resort, if everything else fails, is resetting the preferences.

Juergen
JN
Jay Newman
Sep 15, 2003
Juergen,

Thanks again.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the copyright issue. I’m not dealing with copyright at all. As I said, I’ve only tried Custom text and Filename, and they both worked fine with GIFs, but not JPEGs.

Maybe you can please tell me what Security parameters you used so I can replicate them on my end: Content, Font, Font size, Color, Opacity, Position, and Rotation.

You did this successfully with one or more "JPEG" files, not GIFs?

If you or anyone should care to see if it’s my files that’s the problem by trying to create a Security stamp, you can go to TestWebGallery <www.silver100.com/x/misc/testwebgal> [uh, give me a second to fix that link] and see if it works with these two fils on your end.

As to resetting Preferences, I have no idea how to do that. I only see a way to resent Warning messages, which doesn’t seem to be my problem at all.

Thanks again.

Jay
JD
Juergen D
Sep 15, 2003
Jay,

Delete the preferences by pressing and holding Ctrl Alt Shift keys immediately as PE2 starts up. Answer ‘yes’ at the ‘delete preferences?’ prompt.

I have put your name into the lower right hand corner of both your pictures. I did that by going to Options >Security >Content: Custom Text, entering the name and filling in the font, color and position info, 100% opacity. Nothing else. I’m sending you the 2 pics via e-mail. See if that is what you are looking for. If it still does not work after resetting the prefs, you may just want to use the text tool.

Juergen
JN
Jay Newman
Sep 15, 2003
Juergen,

Thanks again for being so helpful.

Well, I noticed that the pics you emailed to me were enlarged from the originals and that you went with a straight (no rotation) small black font in the lower right, so I did the same and it worked.

That’s odd. I was having failures when trying to "center" the text, even when having tried a smaller font size in black and not rotated.

I wonder if enlarging the image mattered. It shouldn’t since there’s plenty of room for the label and with small GIFs it just cuts off what won’t fit.

Thanks again!

Jay

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections