Web Photo Gallery in PS7? Won’t link pix! Help!!!

W
Posted By
waterrat365
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using PS7 for some time with great results, working in WIN XP, on a computer with 520 M RAM, lots of HD capacity. However, I’ve been trying to make a web photo gallery, using the File>Automate>Web Photo Gallery feature. Most of the effects work as advertised, however, only the firs image links. The rest don’t link and only show as an x’d image and a file name. I tried it using PSP as the source and then using JPGs as the source images, and the results were the same. The first image in a series worked, but the 2nd on just showed the location of the photo and were it should be, and the file name, but no photo. Is there something I need to know, or is this a chronic problem and I need to upgrade something? Or is there a software that works better? A million thanks in advance, Cliff Moore

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

W
waterrat365
Jun 5, 2004
Also meant to add, when I tried using a different set of images, but the same parameters: jpgs, etc, PS7 drops some images randomly, but consistently – the same photo is not shown everytime I try to create a web gallery. This is making me nuts. Cliff Moore
J
Jim
Jun 6, 2004
The web gallery works fine for me. Of course, you could create the images and thumbnails without using the gallery feature; it is just faster. Jim
wrote in message
I’ve been using PS7 for some time with great results, working in WIN XP,
on a computer with 520 M RAM, lots of HD capacity. However, I’ve been trying to make a web photo gallery, using the File>Automate>Web Photo Gallery feature. Most of the effects work as advertised, however, only the firs image links. The rest don’t link and only show as an x’d image and a file name. I tried it using PSP as the source and then using JPGs as the source images, and the results were the same. The first image in a series worked, but the 2nd on just showed the location of the photo and were it should be, and the file name, but no photo. Is there something I need to know, or is this a chronic problem and I need to upgrade something? Or is there a software that works better? A million thanks in advance, Cliff Moore
W
waterrat365
Jun 7, 2004
I figured out what the problem was: some of my file names contained "#" and PS7 doesn’t recognize that as a file name for web gallery. It does for other uses. What a pain it is renaming hundreds of files. Cliff Moore
L
LenHewitt
Jun 7, 2004
Cliff,

some of my file names contained "#" and PS7 doesn’t recognize that as
a file name for web gallery<<

That’s because it would create an illegal URL and would fail on the server.

Photoshop is just making sure you are playing by the rules…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections