D
Posted By
Don1
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to create 3×4" signs with white text on a black background. How would I accomplish this? Would I use Photoshop?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PH
Paul_Hokanson
Feb 22, 2004
How is the sign being printed?
P
Phosphor
Feb 22, 2004
I assume you mean 3 X 4 FEET, even though you used the inch symbol? You DID mean signs, right, not labels, or tags, or cards?
D
Don1
Feb 22, 2004
No these are signs that label plants in a flower show so 1) they’ll get wet 2) it is inches. I am going to bring them (or at least the files) to a printer because they need to be on some type of stiff medium. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I could order metal signs that would last forever but they are very expensive. I see little use in that.
JS
John_Slate
Feb 22, 2004
Photoshop would be my last choice.

What other software do you have?
D
Don1
Feb 22, 2004
Illustrator, InDesign, AppleWorks, TextEdit, Acrobat

I have access to Word also
JS
John_Slate
Feb 22, 2004
Use InDesign.

Ask the printer for a layout, and comform to that, setting maybe all of the signs on one form with trim marks to cut each one down. Maybe common chops, maybe not. Ask the printer.
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Feb 23, 2004
The printer may also have black plastic stock that you would then print a white spot ink…

As John said, see what your options are. And definately use InDesign (or Illustrator if the printer has issues with InDesign files).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections