J
Posted By
jpcaponigro
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Think of this as generating a saturation contrast mask. Currently you can make a grayscale map of relative luminance values, the luminance of a channel, or of specific hues (Color Range) – but not of relative saturation values. I’d like to be able to correct a specific range of values in an image with respect to saturation. For instance, I’d like to take all values below a certain level of saturation and correct them, without affecting values in the file with saturation above a certain level. And vice versa (i.e. all values above a certain level). If this is implemented as a grayscale map, that map can be used as a mask for any correction tool. Reviving the old HSB plug-in might do this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Feb 19, 2004
This is a feature request and should be in the feature request section
JS
John_Slate
Feb 19, 2004
Reviving the old HSB plug-in might do this.

What, that does not come on the CD in the goodies folder anymore?

It does exactly what you want, I think.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections