LF
Posted By
Larry_Furnace
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I upgraded from PS6 to CS. Now I am missing some filters, web gallery, photoshop help etc. I never upgraded from 6 to 7……. but shouldn’t the 7 features be available in CS? I’ve got a G4 867 with 80 gig and 1 gig of ram running a recently upgraded osx10.3

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Feb 18, 2004
3rd party filters that are writen for OS9 will not work in OSX

What other features do you think you are missing???
LF
Larry_Furnace
Feb 19, 2004
Under File>Automate> all I have is Batch, PDF presentation and Droplet. No Web Gallery or contact sheet or anything else. I have no onboard Mac Help. Blur Noise Pixelate,Sharpen and Stylize are the catagories for filters, (no sketch,brush stroke, texture etc) and only 2-3 choices under each one. For example, Stylize only gives me difuse, emboss,find edges and trace contour for choices. I asked a buddy and he said he has like extrude, glowing edges, solarize and more in his PS7.
Any help would be appreciated.
B
Buko
Feb 19, 2004
sounds like you got a bad install.

better reinstall
LF
Larry_Furnace
Feb 19, 2004
Did…….. twice……… it is so wierd the logos and interface are CS but the features are not any better than 6. guess I’ll try to find a # where they don’t charge $$$$$$$$$ a minute and ask Adobe what is up………. thanks for your help.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 19, 2004
I know the answer to this but you may not listen but here goes anyway. If you locked the Application this will happen and if as I suspect you create an alias of the application and by accident actually create a copy and launch from that copy which you think is an alias you are launching the application outside of the Photoshop folder and therefore are breaking some necessary links to that folder and you are losing functions and tools and filters.

The error is when making the alias held only the option key while dragging the PS icon but if you hold down the command option key you will make a real alias.

So to fix you do not have to reinstall just delete the copy, trash it along with PS’s Preferences make the real alias or drag the ps icon directly to the doc not to the desktop first directly from its folder to the Dock.

Now you are fine.

This will happen with almost any application.

Now if you don’t believe fine and if you don’t want to admit that this fixed the problem fine or you simply don’t want to listen that is fine also. But these are the only two reasons this will happen.

Good luck! And in case you are not like some of these cases on this forum, you’re welcome.
LF
Larry_Furnace
Feb 19, 2004
You da man Wade. That is exactly what it was. I’m a great photographer but a mac idiot. Thanks.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 21, 2004
You’re Welcome Larry and it is always nice to meet a fellow photographer idiot, well I’m having one of those days! But it is over and thank heaven it’s Friday!

8)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections