LS
Posted By
larry_selter
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded my pictures to iphoto and eliminated the "red eye" in some of the pictures. When I open them in photoshop the red eye is still present. How does one eliminate red eye using photoshop?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 17, 2004
try the sponge tool (desaturates) set to a small size using the left square bracket key to tap it down in size. Zoom in extremely close so you can desaturate only the pixels that are red. Always work on a saved copy of your original image, saved as a new name so you will always have your original preserved to revert back to just in case you want to try another method.
B
Buko
Feb 17, 2004
Read the FAQs thats what they are for.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 17, 2004
And tell your subjects to put off drinking that gallon of vodka until after the shoot.
R
Ram
Feb 17, 2004
Get your flash as far away from your lens as you possibly can.
P
Phosphor
Feb 17, 2004
Cyan contacts?
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 17, 2004
Close eyes then paint non-reflective eyes on eyelids.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 17, 2004
Tell everyone you grew up in a white rabbit family.
P
Phosphor
Feb 17, 2004
Grinning apologies, Larry…

This is just one of those questions that gets asked so often that we regulars are just looking for a way to make it a little less mundane.

Google for "Photoshop Eliminate Red Eye" and you’ll find more info than you can handle.
B
Buko
Feb 17, 2004
Google for "Photoshop Eliminate Red Eye"

Or read the FAQs.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 17, 2004
Buko, just for fun, I did a search on "Red eye" in the FAQ’s and only came up with "Red Eye Removal and Health Warning!!!"

I thought there were 10,000 techniques for removing red eye, and not the thread about the health warning, somewhere in the FAQ’s. Do you know where they are?
B
Buko
Feb 17, 2004
"Red Eye Removal and Health Warning!!!"

thats it. all 10,000 techniques
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 17, 2004
I’m going to put all 10,000 techniques into one action that will fix red eye for good.

The Red Eye Eliminator!
BG
barry_gray
Feb 18, 2004
"The Kenimator"
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Feb 18, 2004
Right, the action will layer a trendy ‘LA Look’ set of sunglasses on the individual.

Seriously, this is also one of my favorites (from the FAQ’s:)

Select the red part of the eye with the marquee tool or Quick Mask.

Use Image>Adjustments>Channel Mixer

Make sure you are in the red output channel.

Set the red source channel to 0%, and the green and blue to 50% each to compensate and hit OK.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Feb 18, 2004
It would be nice if Adobe would fix the Forum search engine so it works for redeye and red eye. This is clearly THE most common query.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections