R
Posted By
richards1052
Jul 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I received Pshop Elements bundled w. my Minolta scanner. I just registered my software online. BUt when I tried to register the software while doing the installation on my PC it will not accept the serial # listed on my jewel box. An error msg. says that this is not a valid Pshop Elements serial #.

It has already accepted this serial # during online registration. What gives? Any way I can overcome this glitch?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MO
Milton Olson
Aug 1, 2003
I just received my Minolta scanner and when I tried to load Adobe Photoshop Elements I received the same message. I had my wife check the numbers also.

Where do I go from here. Do we have each others serial numbers?
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 1, 2003
Milton, unfortunately you’re a "victim" of what happens when somebody posts a problem and then doesn’t tell us what had to be done in order to correct it! (We try to ALWAYS thank people for posting their solutions!)

Since the software came with your scanner, you’ll have to contact Minolta. Adobe sells distribution rights to various hardware manufacturers and then loses control over the application and can’t provide any tech support.

Good luck. And when you get it resolved, please tell us what was required! 🙂
MO
Milton Olson
Aug 2, 2003
richards1052 and Beth,
I called Adobe products general questions line (800-833-6687)and they said the serial number I had was for a 2.0 version and the disc I had was a 1.0 version. There is a separate serial number on each disc. They are sending me a 2.0 version at no charge. The service person was very pleasant and helpful.
BH
Beth Haney
Aug 2, 2003
Thank you!!!! And it’s nice to hear that Adobe was so helpful.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections