LH
Posted By
Lynn_Huetter
Jan 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I somehow created the following situation. When I do a Safe For Web command, I get a windo that pops up with: Could not complete this operation because an assertion has failed. I’m sometimes able to save the picture, but then it ususally crashes and I receive this message: Microsoft Visual C ++ Library: Program: C:\Program….. abnormal program termination.

I’m using PS7.0 on Windows XP. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Jan 23, 2007
Lynn,

Try trashing your preference file as per the Forum FAQs
LH
Lynn_Huetter
Jan 23, 2007
Thanks Len – I’ve tried that a couple of times but to no avail. I’ve uninstalled the program, then reinstalled it. Still no luck. I don’t mind that the pop-up comes up, but the program ultimately crashes. That I do mind! I’ll keep plugging away to see if I can get it resolved.
Lynn
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 23, 2007
Did you trash your SFW prefs? Did you update to 7.0.1? Reinstalling is not the same as trashing/resetting preferences.
LH
Lynn_Huetter
Jan 23, 2007
I updated to 7.0.1 and did the cont-alt-shift upon opening the program. This is supposed to reset the preferences. Do you know if this includes the SFW prefs? Unfortunately, I don’t know all these little nuances about the program. Thanks for your help!
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 23, 2007
Not sure. In CS there’s a Save for Web folder in the Adobe folder in Documents and Settings which has the Save for Web prefs file in it. Not sure about 7.

Did you get a dialog asking if you wanted to reset to defaults?
L
LenHewitt
Jan 23, 2007
Lynn,

Try the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT trick whilst launching SFW – if 7 does have a SFW Preference file that will delete it.
LH
Lynn_Huetter
Jan 24, 2007
Thank you all! I think I’m going to take the easy way out and upgrade to PS CS2!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections