AS
Posted By
Allen_Speck
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The registration window that pops up when I try to register calls for me to enter the "unlock code," which I guess is the same as the registration code. Under the box where you enter the code number, it says "you must have system administrator privileges for your registration code to be activated on this computer," which I suppose is why the "unlock now" button won’t work.

I have never encountered this problem before. This computer is my sole property. There is no "system administrator."

What the heck is going on?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Nickie Katharina Foenshauge
Jun 15, 2004
skrev i en meddelelse
The registration window that pops up when I try to register calls for me
to enter the "unlock code," which I guess is the same as the registration code. Under the box where you enter the code number, it says "you must have system administrator privileges for your registration code to be activated on this computer," which I suppose is why the "unlock now" button won’t work.
I have never encountered this problem before. This computer is my sole
property. There is no "system administrator."

If you are running XP, there must be at least one system administrator account, which probably is the one you are logged onto by default, judging from the way you describe your computer :~) If not, switch to the administrator account. It’s easy to check out if you are running the right account: if you can install programs, you have administrator rights, if not, you don’t have the right rights.

All this said and done, you may have to type the code the good old fashioned way. No cutting n’ pasting! At least that’s what I discovered, when I registered Photoshop Album.

I hope this helped you find the heck.

Good luck.
DE
Doug_Emerick
Jun 16, 2004
"Nickie Katharina Foenshauge" wrote in message
skrev i en meddelelse
The registration window that pops up when I try to register calls for me
to enter the "unlock code," which I guess is the same as the registration code. Under the box where you enter the code number, it says "you must
have
system administrator privileges for your registration code to be activated on this computer," which I suppose is why the "unlock now" button won’t work.
I have never encountered this problem before. This computer is my sole
property. There is no "system administrator."

If you are running XP, there must be at least one system administrator account, which probably is the one you are logged onto by default, judging from the way you describe your computer :~) If not, switch to the administrator account. It’s easy to check out if you are running the right account: if you can install programs, you have administrator rights, if
not,
you don’t have the right rights.

All this said and done, you may have to type the code the good old
fashioned
way. No cutting n’ pasting! At least that’s what I discovered, when I registered Photoshop Album.

I hope this helped you find the heck.

Good luck.

Not all programs require Administrator privileges to install so this may be a new problem for Allen.

If he is running XP with the welcome screen it is not easy for him to see how to "switch to" the Administrator account or even see he running within an "account" if he is not signing in at startup.

Something else you could try Allen is to right click on the PSE icon that you use to start the program up. In the menu that pops up left click on the "run as" item. This will bring up a little dialog box. In the dialog box click on "The following user" radio button and choose Administrator from the drop-down box.

Allen, if you are the one that installed the operating system (or first turned a new machine that the OS was installed on) then the probability is the Administrator account has no password on it. In this case, do not put a password in the password box in the dialog box.

Then entering your activation code.

For your own protection, though, read up a little on accounts in XP, assign a password to the Administrator account run XP with a different account that doesn’t have Administrator privileges. You can always run Setup programs as an Administrator as I have described above.
MM
Mitchell_Mathes
Jun 17, 2004
this has something to do with your operating system, not adobe. trty going to control panel and then admininstrative.
AS
Allen_Speck
Jun 19, 2004
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I can’t find "administrative" in control panel. Any suggestions?
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 19, 2004
Post what platform and operating system you’re using and somebody will probably be able to come up with a more specific answer. This forum covers both Mac and Win and Mac OS from 9.0 on up to Panther and Win from 98 through XP. That covers too much territory to be able to guess what you need to do.
AS
Allen_Speck
Jun 19, 2004
Sorry I didn’t think to include that info in the original post. I have an IBM clone desktop with Windows ME operating system.
DE
Doug_Emerick
Jun 20, 2004
I wrongly assumed you were running XP. Sorry for the misleading information.

Go to this web site

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/34356.htm

The document applies to Photoshop Album but may also help you if, indeed, your problem is with Elements.

wrote in message
Sorry I didn’t think to include that info in the original post. I have an
IBM clone desktop with Windows ME operating system.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections