T
Posted By
timschnarr
Jul 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am able to import images from the camera into photo shop elements.

How do I import 100 images to the hard disk into directorys for month and date other than 1 at a time?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KW
Kyle White
Jul 22, 2003
The absolute easiest way, for Windows or Mac, is to use an adapter for whichever memory card your camera uses. The operating system will mount it as a separate drive and then you can use normal file handling to copy the pictures from the card to your hard drive. USB based CF card adapters, for instance, are quite inexpensive.

Other than that, we’ll need to know your operating system, camera type and what software you have available.

HTH

Kyle
PL
Paul L UK
Jul 22, 2003
Tim

Zoombrowser, dowloading directly from the camera, by default creates a new folder in the default (last used) directory and titles it with the full date.
(Can be done with a card reader and Zoombrowser as well, there are a few people who dont like the software but it has always worked for me)

The only way to then separate into date is to view the contents of the folder as ‘details’, sort by date and then drag-&-drop to new folders by date.

Elements will not do any of this for you, it’s file management.

It’s how I do it, (S50)

Paul
T
timschnarr
Jul 22, 2003
I remember now. HP photo manager will allow you to import all pictures and automatically put them in the correct month folder. It is just easier and quicker.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections