JW
Posted By
Jackie W
Jul 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I copy and paste a logo made in Word in to PSE 2, as ‘new from clipboard’, it loses all its clarity from the edges or text.
I have tried saving it as .png but this does not help.
Is there a way to make a clear copy of the logo as an image file in PSE please. Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobHill
Jul 16, 2003
Jackie,

You’re rasterizing the WORD image which pixelizes it. To do a super clear version, you need a vector imaging program such as Adobe Illustrator.

Bob
JW
Jackie W
Jul 16, 2003
Thanks Bob

Out of interest how come it works alright in Publisher and Word, being dragged to resize. Yet using one of the best image editing programs on the market Adobe, it makes a right jagged mess of it.
If you have the time you could please explain your answer a little bit more.I need to try and explain to the person who made it why I cannot make an image of it and circulate as a jpg or tiff.
Would I be correct in saying that because the image was created in Word, no normal image editing program could make a clean job of it(Ones that average users might have; PS Elements, Serif, Picture It, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoImpact).
If you can name another other than Illustrator it may help Thank you
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 17, 2003
You are probably referring to a vector image in Word (clipart, wordart, etc?).

Publisher would also treat it as vector.

But pasted into PhotoShop, it will be translated as raster. Same as into any other pixel based image editor, including the ones you mention.

Understand the diff between vector and raster?

Mac
JW
Jackie W
Jul 17, 2003
Thanks Mac
I know there is a difference but did not appreciate what that actually means in practice.

Is that why printable logos created within Word only make the Word document a few more kbs but if you insert file using a logo created in PSE, saved as tiff the document becomes much larger?

Regards
Phil
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 18, 2003
Basically, yeah.

Vector images are made of shapes, raster images of pixels. Even where there is "nothing" in a raster image, there is the same pixel density to show the nothing as there the "something".

Mac

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections