B
Posted By
billdennis
Nov 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Forgive me what must be a horribly newbie-type question.

My partner and I are using Photoshop Elements to publish a small community newspaper. We are using P.E. 2.0 to work with the images before we print them. We’re trying to superimpose words onto the images, but we are having a tough time getting them to show up well after publication. If the words are are either too dark or too light, which makes them hard to read. It seems a good solution would be to use fonts that that are basically letters in outline.

Do any of the experts here have any suggestions for bold sans-serif fonts that could be used for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

And any advice or sites that tell how to photoshop images for use in newspapers would also be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
Frankster
Nov 25, 2004
Are you using the Opacity option (less than 100 percent)?

I’ve found the outline style fonts offered (there are only a few) don’t look all that great. But any font can be used at less than 100 percent opacity, allowing you to see through them to the picture.

-Frank

"William B. Dennis" wrote in message
Forgive me what must be a horribly newbie-type question.
My partner and I are using Photoshop Elements to publish a small community newspaper. We are using P.E. 2.0 to work with the images before we print them. We’re trying to superimpose words onto the images, but we are having a tough time getting them to show up well after publication. If the words are are either too dark or too light, which makes them hard to read. It seems a good solution would be to use fonts that that are basically letters in outline.

Do any of the experts here have any suggestions for bold sans-serif fonts that could be used for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

And any advice or sites that tell how to photoshop images for use in newspapers would also be appreciated.
C
Corey
Nov 27, 2004
"Frankster" wrote in message
Are you using the Opacity option (less than 100 percent)?
I’ve found the outline style fonts offered (there are only a few) don’t
look
all that great. But any font can be used at less than 100 percent
opacity,
allowing you to see through them to the picture.

-Frank

There is also a layer style called "visibility" with one attribute called "ghosted." If this is selected, the text will be semi-transparent and not show up as well when printed.

Peadge 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections