Posted By
Fons Gevers
Feb 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello Everybody,
i’am new with working photoshop. I know other photoprograms. Now i will work with lay in photoshop. I can make a new layer but i can’t add a picture in that layer. Can someone me say how i must do that. I think its very simple but i don’t find it.
Thankx,thankx for help me

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Feb 6, 2007
Fons Gevers wrote:
Hello Everybody,
i’am new with working photoshop. I know other photoprograms. Now i will work with lay in photoshop. I can make a new layer but i can’t add a picture in that layer. Can someone me say how i must do that. I think its very simple but i don’t find it.
No need to add a picture to a layer. Any time you Copy/Paste or drag an image into Photoshop it automatically makes a new layer for you. —
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
T
Thomas
Feb 6, 2007
On Feb 6, 7:55 am, edjh wrote:
Fons Gevers wrote:
Hello Everybody,

No need to add a picture to a layer. Any time you Copy/Paste or drag an image into Photoshop it automatically makes a new layer for you. —
Comic book sketches and artwork:http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html Comics art for sale:http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Hey, try doing some google searches for layers, working with layers, ect. I know when i started with photoshop I was completely dumbfounded by layers, but now I can live without them. And as always the best way to learn with photoshop is to experiment, experiment, experiment.
N
noone
Feb 6, 2007
In article <45c8515b$0$3142$
says…
Hello Everybody,

Fons,

A quick aside. You made an individual post of your question to both (well, there are probably more, but to the big-2, anyway) Photoshop NGs. It is usually better to X-post (cross-post), in a case like yours. Mike Russell responded in comp.apps.graphics.photoshop, and edjh here. If you had X-posted to both, you, and eveyone else, could see ALL of the responses, and it would be less likely that you would get duplicate answers.

Anyway, happy "Layer’ing."

Hunt
TW
Toobi Won Kenobi
Feb 6, 2007
"Fons Gevers" wrote in message
Hello Everybody,
Fons

http://www.tutorials-4-you.com/ps8demo/demo_index.html

TKW
T
Talker
Feb 7, 2007
On 6 Feb 2007 16:55:47 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

says…
Hello Everybody,

Fons,

A quick aside. You made an individual post of your question to both (well, there are probably more, but to the big-2, anyway) Photoshop NGs. It is usually better to X-post (cross-post), in a case like yours. Mike Russell responded in comp.apps.graphics.photoshop, and edjh here. If you had X-posted to both, you, and eveyone else, could see ALL of the responses, and it would be less likely that you would get duplicate answers.

Hunt

Hi there Hunt. Just a quick note, but cross-posting violates most ISPs terms of service (TOS). I see numerous people doing it in the Photoshop groups and am surprised that they haven’t been notified by their ISP.

Talker
TC
tony cooper
Feb 7, 2007
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:45:53 -0500, Talker wrote:

says…
Hello Everybody,

Fons,

Hunt

Hi there Hunt. Just a quick note, but cross-posting violates most ISPs terms of service (TOS). I see numerous people doing it in the Photoshop groups and am surprised that they haven’t been notified by their ISP.
Since when? My ISP – Earthlink – doesn’t say squat about newsgroup protocol. I doubt if any ISP does. Protocol is usually suggested in the individual newsgroup FAQ. The point above about cross-posting in appropriate groups so all may share the responses is perfectly acceptable and makes much more sense that individual identical posts.

Offensive cross-posting is usually the result of trolling where none of the newsgroups involved are appropriate to the topic.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
T
Talker
Feb 8, 2007
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:28:24 -0500, Tony Cooper
wrote:

Since when? My ISP – Earthlink – doesn’t say squat about newsgroup protocol. I doubt if any ISP does. Protocol is usually suggested in the individual newsgroup FAQ. The point above about cross-posting in appropriate groups so all may share the responses is perfectly acceptable and makes much more sense that individual identical posts.
Offensive cross-posting is usually the result of trolling where none of the newsgroups involved are appropriate to the topic.

I checked at Earthlink, and you’re right… they state:

"EarthLink considers "multiposting" to 10 or more groups within a two week sliding window to be excessive. EarthLink servers currently limit the number of allowable "cross-posts" to 9."

When I was with Earthlink, their newsgroup provider was Giganews. Their TOS says:

" Crossposting
A few binary newsgroups, such as certain music groups, encourage posting to more than one group at the same time, as long as the content is appropriate to each newsgroup. The majority of binary groups and almost all text groups, however, discourage any form of crossposting. Please consider that a thread in a text group may begin as appropriate to two newsgroups, but followups may soon become "off topic" in one of the groups."

The groups I usually hang in are very strict about crossposting, and they would often cite an individual’s ISP’s policy on crossposting. It’s been years since I have checked on various policies, so I guess they have changed .
The reason crossposting is frowned upon in my other groups relates to the last sentence of Giganews policy. Answering a question that’s been posted to a bunch of groups promotes
"noise"…..unnecessary posts that cause other posts to be dropped. I can see where this isn’t a problem here since I see posts that go back to June of 2003.
My bad, sorry about my mistaken information.

Talker
N
noone
Feb 8, 2007
In article ,
says…

says…
Hello Everybody,
i’am new with working photoshop. I know other photoprograms. Now i will
work
with lay in photoshop. I can make a new layer but i can’t add a picture in that layer. Can someone me say how i must do that. I think its very simple but i don’t find it.

Fons,

A quick aside. You made an individual post of your question to both (well, there are probably more, but to the big-2, anyway) Photoshop NGs. It is usually better to X-post (cross-post), in a case like yours. Mike Russell responded in comp.apps.graphics.photoshop, and edjh here. If you had X-
posted
to both, you, and eveyone else, could see ALL of the responses, and it would be less likely that you would get duplicate answers.

Hunt

Talker

Given the usefulness of it, in this case, it surprises me, that an ISP would frown upon it. As a practical matter, it consolidates the responses, and then makes if far easier for someone doing a Search, to get data, pertinent to their search criteria. I’d urge ALL ISPs to disregard this practice in cases like these. Fortuantely, NONE of my ISPs is this backward.

Hunt
N
noone
Feb 8, 2007
In article ,
says…
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:28:24 -0500, Tony Cooper
wrote:

[SNIP]
When I was with Earthlink, their newsgroup provider was Giganews. Their TOS says:

" Crossposting
A few binary newsgroups, such as certain music groups, encourage posting to more than one group at the same time, as long as the content is appropriate to each newsgroup. The majority of binary groups and almost all text groups, however, discourage any form of crossposting. Please consider that a thread in a text group may begin as appropriate to two newsgroups, but followups may soon become "off topic" in one of the groups."

The groups I usually hang in are very strict about crossposting, and they would often cite an individual’s ISP’s policy on crossposting. It’s been years since I have checked on various policies, so I guess they have changed .
The reason crossposting is frowned upon in my other groups relates to the last sentence of Giganews policy. Answering a question that’s been posted to a bunch of groups promotes
"noise"…..unnecessary posts that cause other posts to be dropped. I can see where this isn’t a problem here since I see posts that go back to June of 2003.
My bad, sorry about my mistaken information.

Talker

In this particular case, both NGs are "Photoshop," so if a post is, or gets, off-topic to one (as this one is about to), then it will be off-topic to the other.

My advocation is for these two NGs: alt.graphics.photoshop and comp.graphics.apps.photoshop.

As some folk subscribe to one, but not the other, or their news server does not carry both, X-Posting, to these two, conslidates the posts and, more importantly, the replies. Once one gets beyond these two NGs, it does get rather muddy, and I would not advocate the practice.

Hunt
T
tuntis
Feb 11, 2007
Fons Gevers kirjoitti:
Hello Everybody,
I’m not exactly sure what you mean, but I believe you want to use the Windows "Copy" feature to first copy the picture, and then CTRL + V (paste) it to the new layer.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections