MT
Posted By
Marcy_Traynoff
Oct 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I frequently use layer masks in my work and have never had any problems with them. However, for the last few days, something weird has been happening.

I have used a large soft brush at 20% flow and 100% opacity and things seem to work until I look closely. No matter how many times I go over an area with the brush, there is still about 30% of the image showing (it’s translucent). I have also tried to make a selection on the layer mask and fill it with black and it appears as if I only filled it with 60% black. I can fill it repeatedly with black with no change at all. The only way to over come this is to apply my layer mask to the layer and then erase what I don’t want, which defeats the purpose of what I’m trying to do.

I tried searching for some kind of setting that I may have inadvertently changed. Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

Photoshop CS3 (part of design suite)
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM,

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
J_Maloney
Oct 15, 2008
Reset your prefs or reset the brush tool.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections