K
Posted By
karenram
Jun 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Everything was fine previously. Now, suddenly, none of my Layer Styles work. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still nothing. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened???

Could it be related to my video driver?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 6, 2005
I think that the first thing you should try is deleting the prefs file:

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon (Editor start up) and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Do let us know how you go on 🙂

Wendy
K
karenram
Jun 6, 2005
Wendy,

Yes, I think that did the trick! Thanks very much.

One more thing — since uninstalling and reinstalling the program, I now have doubles of all the Layer Styles options in my drop-down list:

Bevels
Bevels
Drop Shadows
Drop Shadows
etc.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
Karen
K
karenram
Jun 6, 2005
Never mind — I found all the duplicate folders and deleted them. All OK now. Thanks anyway!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 6, 2005
Hi Karen,

Glad that deleting the prefs worked OK …

Its worth making a note of how to do it as when Elements does strange things its the first thing to try 🙂 it tends to work in a lote of cases.

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections