how do I navigate the photo package options?

L
Posted By
lilaclady
Dec 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, this probably has been asked before but I’m tearing my hair out… I would love to print up my own Christmas cards but have no idea how to use the photo package area under File>Automate>Photo package…. I am using standard A4 sized paper and am wanting to print 3 cards onto the one peice of paper…so 3 of the same image at 10.5 cm x 9.82cm down the right hand side of the paper and for the inside of the card I want to have 2 different images (2x ‘to mum and dad’) down the right hand side of the paper….
is this even possible with ps…I am using pscs2 but the picture package doesn’t really seem to have anything I can understand…even when I "Add Zone" the same image comes in on it’s side…not the same way up as the previous image…I don’t think, or at least can’t find how to even bring in another image….
Yikes!…please help desperate housewife 😉

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Dec 1, 2006
"lilaclady" wrote in message
Hi, this probably has been asked before but I’m tearing my hair out… I would love to print up my own Christmas cards but have no idea how to use the photo package area under File>Automate>Photo package…. I am using standard A4 sized paper and am wanting to print 3 cards onto the one peice of paper…so 3 of the same image at 10.5 cm x 9.82cm down the right hand side of the paper and for the inside of the card I want to have 2 different images (2x ‘to mum and dad’) down the right hand side of the paper….
is this even possible with ps…I am using pscs2 but the picture package doesn’t really seem to have anything I can understand…even when I "Add Zone" the same image comes in on it’s side…not the same way up as the previous image…I don’t think, or at least can’t find how to even bring in another image….
Yikes!…please help desperate housewife 😉

I would skip using the picture package. Make an 8 by 10.5 inch canvas, and laying out the three copies of the images manually, three copies of each image. One image for the outside of the card, and another for the inside. It will take a bit of fussing to get the images to line up exactly – use File>Print Preview to see how your canvas will line up on the sheet.

My favorite way to do cards is to print on glossy paper, and use a glue stick to attach it to the outside of the card. If there is to be text for the card, I lay that out in Word in a text box.

Mike
D
Dave
Dec 1, 2006
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 06:35:26 GMT, "Mike Russell"

One image for the outside of the card, and another for the inside. It will take a bit of fussing to get the images to line up exactly – use File>Print Preview to see how your canvas will line up on the sheet.
Mike

what I usually do in a case like this, even on CD labels, to get the images lining up exactly, and to save ink while creating of course, is making simple marks on the outside corners of the items, and then delete the picture itself. Then, printing only the marks will show whether the
alignment is what you want.

Dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections