PH
Posted By
Pauline_Hansen
Aug 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi….i have several photographs i want to merge. i copied and paste them into 1 file. however they looked fake. i mean the color, bright, light and everything did not match with each other. you can see that each pic is taken at different time and place. i want the result to be like….they are taken at the same time and same place. you know what i mean right? so how can i do it? any suggestion? before that…thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TI
Thomas_Ireland
Aug 4, 2004
Pauline,

I know exactly what you mean. It’s a common task to paste the missing person into a group photo, or as I have done a few times, replaced the closed eyes or frown of a person with that from another, better picture of that person.

PS has many ways to do just about everything. If you ask 100 photo editors in this forum, you’ll get 99 1/2 different ways to tackle the problem. This is because they have different versions of PS, different skill levels, and different photos to start with.

I don’t know what version of PS you have, but in CS you could use the Color Match command. This works great on skin tones. You could work the issue of fluffy or frizzy hair by using a mask. Remember that it is often best to feather the selection to get it to fit into the new photo. Also keep in mind the direction of the light. All of these issues tattle on you when merging pictures or "faking" if you don’t address them properly.

If you do a Google search on combining photos you should get some good help from free tutorials. One that I started with is at:

<http://www.arraich.com/ps6_tips_combine1.htm>

Scout around and you’ll find many others.

If you want to learn a lot about the different ways of doing things, and the use of masks (which is VERY effective for selecting hair), try Deke McClelland’s Photoshop Bible for the version you use. It’s about $40 USD, I got both of mine online for about $22 USD. It’s also in our public library.

Hope this helps and let me know if it does.

Tom Ireland
BO
Burton_Ogden
Aug 4, 2004
Pauline,

As Tom says, there are many ways to do something in Photoshop. Another way is to use Indexed Color to create a custom color table and then apply that table separately to each of your individual photos.

You could pick one of your photos as the "master" to create the table. Or you could use a combination of your photos to give each of them a "vote" in creating the custom color palette.

Of course, if you follow this approach, at one stage your merged photo will consist of only 256 colors, dithered appropriately to give the appearance of many more. You can then convert your image mode from Indexed Color back to RGB and work on it further. Almost any thing you do will blend back to more than 256 colors. Even a simple resize operation, using Bicubic resampling, will do the trick.

If you want to try this Indexed Color/Custom Color Table approach, I can describe the process in greater detail. It gives you a great deal of control over your color scheme.

— Burton —

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections