How can I remove a plug-in from CS2? Please help.

W
Posted By
Walden
Apr 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I think one of my Flaming Pear plugins has been damaged, and would like to remove it and then re-install. I’m unable to find anything about how to do this in Photoshop "Help"

Thanks for your help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TB
Tony Blair
Apr 17, 2007
"Walden" wrote in message
I think one of my Flaming Pear plugins has been damaged, and would like to remove it and then re-install. I’m unable to find anything about how to do this in Photoshop "Help"

Thanks for your help.

I can’t remember if Flaming Pear is one of those plug-ins that you just place in the plug-in folder or whether it has to be installed (with the consequent entries in Windows registry!! assuming you use windows?) If it is the latter then you can uninstall via Control panel, add or remove programmes. if not then you can just delete the file from your plug-in folder!!
W
Walden
Apr 18, 2007
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:30:49 +0100, "Harry Limey" wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I can’t remember if Flaming Pear is one of those plug-ins that you just place in the plug-in folder or whether it has to be installed (with the consequent entries in Windows registry!! assuming you use windows?) If it is the latter then you can uninstall via Control panel, add or remove programmes. if not then you can just delete the file from your plug-in folder!!

Thanks very much for your help. Actually, it turned out the plug-in was fine … it was my *brain* that wasn’t working properly … choosing the wrong "Open Recent," then being puzzled why the same parameter settings looked *completely* different.
N
noone
Apr 18, 2007
In article <4624e851$0$8754$>,
says…

Thanks for your help.

OP, First, glad you figured it out. Second, as Harry Limey points out there are two methods – one very simple (providing that the REG entries are ALL removed) and the other of just Renaming or Deleting the plug-in – provided that you can tell exactly where and what it is. I kinda’ wish more plug-in writers would all use names that told what plug-in one was looking at. Some do, but too many do not.

Hunt
W
Walden
Apr 18, 2007
On 18 Apr 2007 01:42:53 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

says…

Thanks for your help.

OP, First, glad you figured it out. Second, as Harry Limey points out there are two methods – one very simple (providing that the REG entries are ALL removed) and the other of just Renaming or Deleting the plug-in – provided that you can tell exactly where and what it is. I kinda’ wish more plug-in writers would all use names that told what plug-in one was looking at. Some do, but too many do not.

Hunt

Thank you for your comments Hunt … perhaps they’re a call for someone to write a bit of "Plug-in Manager" software …
E
edjh
Apr 18, 2007
Walden wrote:

says…

Thanks for your help.

Hunt

Thank you for your comments Hunt … perhaps they’re a call for someone to write a bit of "Plug-in Manager" software …

There actually is such a thing. Plugin Commander or somesuch. But I tend to think if you have so many plugins you need a manager, you have too many plugins.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
K
KatWoman
Apr 18, 2007
"edjh" wrote in message
Walden wrote:

says…

Thanks for your help.
Hunt

There actually is such a thing. Plugin Commander or somesuch. But I tend to think if you have so many plugins you need a manager, you have too many plugins.

agree totally
I keep a very minimum of plug-ins installed
I find most of them are not really necessary either, most of the things they do can be done with PS built in features (if you take the time to figure out how)
I also don’t load a lot of extra brushes, actions, custom shapes, and fonts I use load if I need them for a specific job or image, then I remove them to a file until I need them again
N
noone
Apr 19, 2007
In article ,
says…

says…

[SNIP]

Actually, Herald Heim [SP?] has one, Plugin Commander. It was written back when PS could only handle a big handful of plugins, but I still get upgrade info, so think that it is current. The real need for it might have passed a bit, but I think that Heim is adding new features. I’ll have to upgrade my ver. and try it out. Might be a way to keep the Filters dropdown a bit cleaner, so one doesn’t have to poke around so much. I still forget where some of my plugins are located – is it Andromeda, EyeCandy, PhotoTools… ?

Hunt

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections