RA
Posted By
rachael_allen
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi I am in a real pickle. I have to drop a logo onto a background and I don’t know how to do it. The logo is supposed to be white and it’s come through black and when I just import both to quark, I get a white box with the logo inside obscuring the background. I have no idea how to do this in photoshop. Can anyone please help?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
May 11, 2005
open both images in photoshop. click on the move tool. drag the logo onto the background. You’ll note that there are now two layers in the layers palette for the background image – move/tweak as necessary.
RA
rachael_allen
May 11, 2005
oh my god that’s so simple it’s amazing – thank you! I feel quite silly now. Now can you tell me how to turn a black logo white? thank you!
KP
Kea Pfundheller
May 11, 2005
Hi
Now can you tell me how to turn a black logo white? thank you!
press Crtl + i
(for "inverting").
Should get everything black, that was formally white.
Kea
S
Sepen
May 11, 2005
Image> Adjust> Invert…

(or Commmand/Control "I" for the keyboard shortcut)

It will ‘reverse’ the color so if it is just black on the layer, it will change to white.If there is white (like in the background of the logo) it will change that to black and you’ll have to change the layer mode (at the top of the layers pallet in a dropdown) to "Lighten" to hide the black (that started out as the white background). Hope that wasn’t too confusing.

You might also have to adjust levels Image> Adjust> Levels

(or Command/Control "L")

or adjust brightness/contrast Image> Adjust> Brightness/Contrast to lighten it up just a bit if the original wasn’t 100% black but it is simple to do.
TI
Thomas_Ireland
May 11, 2005
Rachael don’t feel silly. The program does so much it’s almost impossible to know it all, and even harder to remember most of it.

Everyone that uses PS had to start with the basics themselves. And I bet a good portion of what people learn here from others is stuff they already knew but forgot.

But back to your O/P … if the logo is on a background that you would like to delete, you can select the logo, invert the selection, and then delete the background before moving the logo to the other image. Once there, you can change the opacity of the logo to have some of the background image show through.
ML
Mike_Logan
May 11, 2005
In a word… YES.

The World is your Oyster…. with Layers with transparancies you are just pasting or copying over pixels, amd you can play with the layer as much as you like. Put the Game Boy or the X-Box away and play with this fabulous toy !!! 🙂
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 11, 2005
Right, Mike! Who needs X-Box?

Imagine, 10,000 good images in your file, more every week, all crying for their pace in the PS sun.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections