Posted By
briggsc
Aug 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi I need some help.

I have an .psd image with words on it, and once I print the image the words print out blurred.

When I view my image in Photoshop the words are not blurred. It’s only blurred on a printed copy. Is there some type of effect I can use in Photoshop to make the image clear on paper?

Thanks for you help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MA
Mark_Allen
Aug 3, 2004
Briggs,

Sounds like your original resolution is too small. Go to Image>Image size and check the resolution, i.e. DPI(Dots Per Inch) or in some cases PPI(Points Per Inch)

The satisfactory resolution should be between 200-300 DPI. Anything less than 200 DPI will show signs of "blurring"

Let’s know what you discover!

Regards

Mark

BTW. No! There isn’t an effect you can use to make the image clear on paper, essentially!

<http://www.smileyworld.com/toolbar/>
B
briggsc
Aug 4, 2004
Thank you so… much for your help. When I change the pixels per inch, it enlarge the image. What I am doing is cuting an image from a Microsoft Word document in Photoshop and then once I complete my changes I am pasting it back into another word document. Thanks Again for your help!
L
LenHewitt
Aug 5, 2004
When I change the pixels per inch, it enlarge the image<<

When you cut ‘n paste, you are not carrying any dimensional information., just pixels. Save the file and Insert Image>from file to put it into Word

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections