Posted By
Paul Burdett
Sep 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
This is a new one for me. I’ve been using Photoshop CS2 for quite a while, but decided to do some panoramas in Panorama Factory. For some reason i can’t open the resulting panorama jpg image in photoshop. I get the message: cannot complete your request because of a problem parsing the jpeg data. Any help appreciated. The file is around 6Mb in size.
Cheers,
Paul

P.S. if I try to open it in IPhoto (my other editor)…it doesn’t open, and says it is more than 32,000 pixels wide.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NE
nesredep egrob
Sep 26, 2006
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:36:48 +1000, "Paul Burdett" wrote:

Hi,
This is a new one for me. I’ve been using Photoshop CS2 for quite a while, but decided to do some panoramas in Panorama Factory. For some reason i can’t open the resulting panorama jpg image in photoshop. I get the message: cannot complete your request because of a problem parsing the jpeg data. Any help appreciated. The file is around 6Mb in size.
Cheers,
Paul

P.S. if I try to open it in IPhoto (my other editor)…it doesn’t open, and says it is more than 32,000 pixels wide.
The only one that I found worthy is the Vulcano area in Bali and that ended up being just 7484 pixels wide. I think I took 5 or 6 pictures for that.

Might I suggest that you make 2 or 5 panoramas and PS each picture in turn before putting those pictures together in one massive panorama. Obviously the 32,000 will also be the limit for PS.

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia
A
Avery
Sep 26, 2006
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:10:56 +0800, nesredep egrob <Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40> wrote:

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:36:48 +1000, "Paul Burdett" wrote:

Hi,
Cheers,
Paul

The only one that I found worthy is the Vulcano area in Bali and that ended up being just 7484 pixels wide. I think I took 5 or 6 pictures for that.
Might I suggest that you make 2 or 5 panoramas and PS each picture in turn before putting those pictures together in one massive panorama. Obviously the 32,000 will also be the limit for PS.

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

The pixel limit for PS CS2 is 300,000 x 300,000
S
Sam
Sep 26, 2006
Paul Burdett wrote:
Hi,
Cheers,
Paul

this is better than pano factory
PB
Paul Burdett
Sep 26, 2006
"Sam" wrote in message
Paul Burdett wrote:
Hi,
This is a new one for me. I’ve been using Photoshop CS2 for quite a while, but decided to do some panoramas in Panorama Factory. For some reason i can’t open the resulting panorama jpg image in photoshop. I get the message: cannot complete your request because of a problem parsing the jpeg data.
Any help appreciated. The file is around 6Mb in size.
Cheers,
Paul

this is better than pano factory

Thank you all…you learn something every day!
Paul
T
Tacit
Sep 26, 2006
In article <4517db73$0$11970$>,
"Paul Burdett" wrote:

This is a new one for me. I’ve been using Photoshop CS2 for quite a while, but decided to do some panoramas in Panorama Factory. For some reason i can’t open the resulting panorama jpg image in photoshop. I get the message: cannot complete your request because of a problem parsing the jpeg data.

That error means the JPEG is corrupt.

You should not be saving any image you want to edit again as a JPEG. Save it as some other format; when you save an image as JPEG you lose quality, and every successive edit and save loses still more quality. See if you can save the image in some format that is not a JPEG from Panorama Factory.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections