A
Posted By
Anonymous
Mar 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several layers applied to a blank white 8×10 sheet. I wish to make a border around one of the layers so that after I print the sheet, I can find the edges of the layer for cutting.. (The background of the layer, as well as the background for the 8×10 sheet are both white so I feel a little border OUTSIDE the mostly white layer would make it easy to find its edges.)

Sure, I could make the 8×10 background a different color, but that would take more expensive ink than I’d like.

I can’t find any way to specify the border as being of the "outside" variety. What I end up with when I apply a border is half inside the layer, and half outside.

Thanks for any help on this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

HL
Harry Limey
Mar 14, 2006
"Anonymous" wrote in message
I have several layers applied to a blank white 8×10 sheet. I wish to make a border around one of the layers so that after I print the sheet, I can find the edges of the layer for cutting.. (The background of the layer, as
well as the background for the 8×10 sheet are both white so I feel a little
border OUTSIDE the mostly white layer would make it easy to find its edges.)

Sure, I could make the 8×10 background a different color, but that would take more expensive ink than I’d like.

I can’t find any way to specify the border as being of the "outside" variety. What I end up with when I apply a border is half inside the layer, and half outside.

As far as I am aware, all layers are the same size as the Document itself, in this case 8×10!
If you are thinking of adding a border to an object or image on a layer, you need to select the image and then apply a stroke of to the selection, when you can select inside, outside, or on the line of the selection, is this what you mean?
CJ
C J Southern
Mar 14, 2006
"Harry Limey" wrote in message
I have several layers applied to a blank white 8×10 sheet. I wish to
make
a border around one of the layers so that after I print the sheet, I can find the edges of the layer for cutting.. (The background of the layer, as

As far as I am aware, all layers are the same size as the Document itself, in this case 8×10!
If you are thinking of adding a border to an object or image on a layer,
you
need to select the image and then apply a stroke of to the selection, when you can select inside, outside, or on the line of the selection, is this what you mean?

Have a look under EDIT -> STROKE.
A
Anonymous
Mar 15, 2006
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:01:11 +1300, "C J Southern" wrote:

make
a border around one of the layers so that after I print the sheet, I can find the edges of the layer for cutting.. (The background of the layer, as

you
need to select the image and then apply a stroke of to the selection, when you can select inside, outside, or on the line of the selection, is this what you mean?

Thanks to both of you. My problem is solved.
K
KatWoman
Mar 15, 2006
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:01:11 +1300, "C J Southern" wrote:

make
a border around one of the layers so that after I print the sheet, I can
find the edges of the layer for cutting.. (The background of the layer,
as

Sure, I could make the 8×10 background a different color, but that would
take more expensive ink than I’d like.

As far as I am aware, all layers are the same size as the Document itself,
in this case 8×10!
you
need to select the image and then apply a stroke of to the selection, when
you can select inside, outside, or on the line of the selection, is this what you mean?

Thanks to both of you. My problem is solved.
don’t add borders just for cutting unless you want them as part of your images
try PRINT WITH PREVIEW
select PRINT CROP MARKS

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections