Producing landscaping images like trees for masterplans??

SE
Posted By
Scott_E._Jackson
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to produce trees and shrubery images from an "aerial" view, such as you would see in residential subdivision or golf course master plans. Is there a brush that I can use to simulate what such a tree may look like from the air. Note: I don’t want a photo image but rather an "artistic" looking drawing.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TH
Tim_Howrey
Jul 9, 2004
What you really need to be using is Illustrator – it has all those type of brushes available, Photoshop doesn’t really have such a pre-defined, built in process to do this.

It is possible to load a postscript pattern (look under help, do a search for "postscript patterns") and then define it as a pattern to use with the Pattern Stamp tool.

Using Illustrator, it’s possible to use the Symbol Sprayer Tool to ‘spray’ a sort-of random pattern of a selected symbol, and, there are LOTS of pre-defined symbol groupings, including ones for ‘foliage.’
SE
Scott_E._Jackson
Jul 9, 2004
Thanks alot Tim.

I just downloaded the trial version of illustrator and I’ll give it a shot.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 9, 2004
you can create custom brushes in ps without the pain of learning a new application. see the help file if you’ve never done it, it’s fairly easy.
SE
Scott_E._Jackson
Jul 9, 2004
Thanks Dave. I’ll try your suggestion first.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 9, 2004
I wouldn’t want to use PS for this CAD type of application. A CAD program would be best, but AI is the best Adobe solution. Revision is a constant need for this type of work, and a vector program will do so better than a raster one (in spite of the many vector tools in PS these days).
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 9, 2004
There are thousands of free Illustrator objects, for landscapes, just exactly the type of thing you’re after, at:

http://ian.umces.edu

Click on Symbol Libraries on left.

A searchable PDF of the images:
http://ian.umces.edu/pdfs/symbol_index.pdf

Not sure if will work with any other program or not.

Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections