AM
Posted By
account.management
Sep 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know very little about Photoshop (currently using a trial version), but I’m having fun learning.

I wonder if anyone could offer me some help or tips to clean this old photo of my brother taken around 1983. Looks to me like the film may have been corrupted and has gone ‘foggy’. Is there any way to remove the fogginess and perhaps clean the image up somewhat?

http://freespace.virgin.net/audio.files/peter.jpg

Mike.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TR
Todd Radel
Sep 29, 2005
NOW THATS A PICTURE WORTH FRAMING!!!! I’d help you to fix it if it had some kind of quality subject matter but this picture is useless!!! "mike" wrote in message
I know very little about Photoshop (currently using a trial version), but I’m having fun learning.

I wonder if anyone could offer me some help or tips to clean this old photo of my brother taken around 1983. Looks to me like the film may have been corrupted and has gone ‘foggy’. Is there any way to remove the fogginess and perhaps clean the image up somewhat?

Mike.

AM
account.management
Sep 29, 2005
"Todd Radel" wrote in message
NOW THATS A PICTURE WORTH FRAMING!!!! I’d help you to fix it if it had some kind of quality subject matter but this picture is useless!!!

Hmm.

Shouting like an Internet newbie in uppercase; check
Multiple exclamation marks; check
Top posting; check
Superiority complex; check

Congratulations, you rate an A+ in being a complete Usenet prick.

Don’t bother replying. This is my second and final posting in this "wonderful" newsgroup. And I won’t be returning you’ll be pleased to learn. Thank you for the warm welcome, turd.

Mike.
A
anti-spam
Sep 29, 2005
"mike" wrote in message
NOW THATS A PICTURE WORTH FRAMING!!!! I’d help you to fix it if it had some kind of quality subject matter but this picture is useless!!!

Hmm.

Top posting; check

Don’t bother replying. This is my second and final posting in this "wonderful" newsgroup. And I won’t be returning you’ll be pleased to learn. Thank you for the warm welcome, turd.

Mike.

Don’t let one twit spoil it for you. If Todd annoys you, then just killfile his name and you won’t have to read any more of his ‘helpful’ messages.

Why did you remove the picture. There are some people out there that would have offered more constructive advice, but now all they read is you anger at Todd, which to some people puts you on the same wavelength as Todd.

**SS**
RL
Rainer Latka
Sep 29, 2005
Mike,

mike schrieb am Donnerstag, 29. September 2005 01:50:

I wonder if anyone could offer me some help or tips to clean this old photo
of my brother taken around 1983. Looks to me like the film may have been
corrupted and has gone ‘foggy’. Is there any way to remove the fogginess and perhaps clean the image up somewhat?

if you plan to learn and use Photoshop, there are of course lots of more or less useful books. One that I find very helpful re your question is

Katrin Eismann, Photoshop Restoration and Retouching

It is not really meant for newbies and expects you to know at least PS basics. OTOH, it does not waste time and paper for repeating what you can read in the PS manual re all those menus and functions. The author guides you through restauration, using realworld examples like the one you probably had posted but now replaced by a text which is – sadly – also an insult to everybody who is willing to help you.

Rainer

Mike.
G
Gormless
Sep 29, 2005
"mike" wrote in message

By replacing your picture with a message to Radel you lower yourself to his level, I regret. You could just killfile and ignore him – something I must presumably have found necessary long since, because I didn’t see his posting. Now, thanks to your petulance, you won’t be able to get any advice on your picture, and your PS learning curve won’t be helped by the (mostly) good people of this NG.
Up to you.
Gorm.
S
SCRUFF
Sep 29, 2005
Such a retarded troll.

NOW THATS A PICTURE WORTH FRAMING!!!! I’d help you to fix it if it had
some
kind of quality subject matter but this picture is useless!!! "mike" wrote in message

I wonder if anyone could offer me some help or tips to clean this old photo of my brother taken around 1983. Looks to me like the film may
have
been corrupted and has gone ‘foggy’. Is there any way to remove the fogginess and perhaps clean the image up somewhat?

Mike.

S
SCRUFF
Sep 29, 2005
"mike" wrote in message

Hmm.

Top posting; check

Don’t bother replying. This is my second and final posting in this "wonderful" newsgroup. And I won’t be returning you’ll be pleased to
learn.
Thank you for the warm welcome, turd.

Mike.

LOL, truly a newbie that has yet to learn to ignore usenet troll. One’s like Flipper Mike and such.
Too bad, that pic was totally fixable!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections