BL
Posted By
brandon_lee_champney
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been having problems opening up photoshop when I have maya running. I never use to have a problem having maya illustrator and photoshop open at the same time so it’s making me wonder what’s going on. Things I have recently done, I opened a file to start saving maya scenes to my F drive to conserve the C drive space, I set both Illustrators and photoshops scratch discs to the F drive so they wouldn’t be on the same hard drive as the systems paging file, I got a new program painter 8 and I got a graphics tablet. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? My system is running dual 2.8 processors, 3 gig ram and a nvidia quadro 4 980 xgl graphics card. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 8, 2004
First off:

What version of Photoshop?

What OS?

What problem are you seeing opening Photoshop?
BL
brandon_lee_champney
Jul 9, 2004
Photoshop 7 windows xp perfessional. it starts opening and then it just crashes or sometimes it says hardware failure or something like that. It’s when I have Maya open. If Maya isn’t open I can open photoshop Illustrator and painter all at the same time. I use to be able to open photoshop and illustrator 10 at the same time as Maya. I have a spaceball 3D controller and I recently got a wacom graphics tablet so maybe my graphics card is just pushed to it’s limit, I don’t know. I am looking at upgrading my graphics card but do you think that it might be something else?
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 9, 2004
sounds like a driver error. blue screen when it crashes? update the wacom driver first, since that’s new.
CG
Chris_Gaal
Jul 30, 2004
We’ve had the same Maya/Photoshop problem for quite some time. We have less memory on our machines, but the same graphics card, which I suspect might be the problem.

With Maya 6, we’ve been having worse problems with windows not refreshing.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections