Posted By
daleholden
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

Sorry for this question but I need guidance on this. I have a rounded box with a drop shadow on it the layer has been rasterised I have done a load selection of a pic into this box, no problem.

I now want to select the lower half of the picture in the rounded box and delete the lower portion of the pic I then want to put a vertical drop shadow on the pic inside the box.

How do I select the lower portion of the pic in the rounded box and delete it and put a drop shadow on this pic.

I have tried crop and the selection box plus the lasso but they all look messy and the drop shadow looks crap

Please help

Thor

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AA
Adel Amar
May 5, 2004
"Thor’s Castle" wrote in message

Hi

Sorry for this question but I need guidance on this. I have a rounded box with a drop shadow on it the layer has been rasterised I have done a load selection of a pic into this box, no problem.

I now want to select the lower half of the picture in the rounded box and delete the lower portion of the pic I then want to put a vertical drop shadow on the pic inside the box.

How do I select the lower portion of the pic in the rounded box and delete it and put a drop shadow on this pic.

I have tried crop and the selection box plus the lasso but they all look messy and the drop shadow looks crap

Please help

Hi

For the bottom bit of the box, select the area and just press delete or cut, but make sure the background colour is what you want, otherwise you have to fill it with the right colour you want. As for the Drop Shadow, just select the whole box and use the layers effect with the Drop shadow effect chosen, and enter the values you want with preview box showing you the effect as you apply it. You need Photoshop 6 or higher for doing this way. I hope that helps.

Thor

Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server – http://www.Mailgate.ORG
D
daleholden
May 5, 2004
How do I accurately select the bottom part of the picture and delete it and keep the shape of the box and the drop shadow?

"Adel Amar" wrote in message

Hi

Sorry for this question but I need guidance on this. I have a rounded
box
with a drop shadow on it the layer has been rasterised I have done a
load
selection of a pic into this box, no problem.

I now want to select the lower half of the picture in the rounded box
and
delete the lower portion of the pic I then want to put a vertical drop shadow on the pic inside the box.

How do I select the lower portion of the pic in the rounded box and
delete
it and put a drop shadow on this pic.

Please help

Hi

For the bottom bit of the box, select the area and just press delete or cut, but make sure the background colour is what you want, otherwise you have to fill it with the right colour you want. As for the Drop Shadow, just select the whole box and use the layers effect with the Drop shadow effect chosen, and enter the values you want with preview box showing you the effect as you apply it. You need Photoshop 6 or higher for doing this way. I hope that helps.

Thor

D
dplank
May 6, 2004
I don’t understand what you are trying to do but here are some selection methods.

Hold the command or control key down and click on the thumbnail in the layer palette to select just the area on that layer.

Hold the shift key down to add to a selection using the technique above or with any of the other selection tools (rectangle, wand, ellipse, Lasso tool etc.)

Hold the option or alt key down to subtract from a selection as above or with any of the selection tools.

Hope that helps.

dp

Thor’s Castle wrote:

How do I accurately select the bottom part of the picture and delete it and keep the shape of the box and the drop shadow?

"Adel Amar" wrote in message

Hi

Sorry for this question but I need guidance on this. I have a rounded

box

with a drop shadow on it the layer has been rasterised I have done a

load

selection of a pic into this box, no problem.

I now want to select the lower half of the picture in the rounded box

and

delete the lower portion of the pic I then want to put a vertical drop shadow on the pic inside the box.

How do I select the lower portion of the pic in the rounded box and

delete

it and put a drop shadow on this pic.

Please help

Hi

Thor

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections