S
Posted By
Spinal
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When you replace a head or another part of an image, how do people manage to get the colours of the replacment to match the existing image.

ie, if i have 2 pictures and i want the head from picture 1 on picture 2, how do i get it so the colour of the head from pic 1 to match the colours in pic 2.

Ive seen images on the internet where this has been done & the colours match perfectly.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Truenorth
Jul 7, 2004
What I do is use the channels. When on the headshot (HS) layer go to channels, click on red then image====>adjust===>Brightness and Contrast. Adjust til the greyscales look same on HS and Body Shot (BS).

Do same for green and blue channels.

then go back to RGB and tweak using Image===>adjust===> curves Should only be minor adjustments there, also can adjust levels.

I’ve got a tutorial that shows how to do this…It’s a word document, if you want it e-mail me and put tutorial in message subject line

Truenorth

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:03:26 +0100, Spinal wrote:

When you replace a head or another part of an image, how do people manage to get the colours of the replacment to match the existing image.
ie, if i have 2 pictures and i want the head from picture 1 on picture 2, how do i get it so the colour of the head from pic 1 to match the colours in pic 2.

Ive seen images on the internet where this has been done & the colours match perfectly.

remove NOSPAM to reply

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections