L
Posted By
letsjumpnow
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve scanned a 24×36 poster on a much smaller scanner. I have eight documents now to combine into one. I pieced them together in Photoshop, but the boundaries where the pages end are very obvious. I’ve been using a combination of the brush, healing brush, and patch tools to try to disguise these borders, but it seems like there could be a better way. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Alec

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Jun 29, 2004
Layer mask and then blend those tell-tale edges.
CM
craig_mullins
Jun 30, 2004
Scanning with a lot of overlap can make it easier. LIke Christine says, use layer masks and a big soft brush.

One helpful trick is to invert the floating layer and set opacity to %50. It is a lot easier to see registration this way. Invert is not destructive as far as I know.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 30, 2004
I’d say using the difference blending mode ( I think it is what Craig means) helps a lot for the registering.

See this excellent tutorial on the very same subject: <http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/index.php?m=show&id=125>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections