M4
Posted By
Mark_48
Dec 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had bought an older PC a short while ago and it came with an original PS 3.0 CD and serial number. I’ve gone to Adobes site and it states clearly that "ANY" version of PS will qualify for an upgrade to CS2. I called Adobe and the girl I spoke to said with PS 3 all I needed was the serial when prompted during the upgrade to install. Not sure if I trust what I heard.

I am not the original owner of the PS 3 software, but I did indeed purchase it second hand. I don’t know if the original owner registered it or not and no way to find out. I’ve read a few threads that hint that Adobe does not honor what they’ve stated about any version for upgrade.

Think I stand a chance at this ? I don’t want to purchase upgrade only to find I can’t use it.

Thanks…
Mark….

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KP
Ken Palmateer
Dec 21, 2005
On 20 Dec 2005 14:37:42 -0800, "Mark_48" wrote:

I had bought an older PC a short while ago and it came with an original PS 3.0 CD and serial number. I’ve gone to Adobes site and it states clearly that "ANY" version of PS will qualify for an upgrade to CS2. I called Adobe and the girl I spoke to said with PS 3 all I needed was the serial when prompted during the upgrade to install. Not sure if I trust what I heard.

I am not the original owner of the PS 3 software, but I did indeed purchase it second hand. I don’t know if the original owner registered it or not and no way to find out. I’ve read a few threads that hint that Adobe does not honor what they’ve stated about any version for upgrade.

Think I stand a chance at this ? I don’t want to purchase upgrade only to find I can’t use it.

Thanks…
Mark….

Mark: Usually once a year Adobe offers registered users of PS3 the chance to upgrade to PS. I passed the opportunity because I don’t really need it, to upgrade for $299.00 Canadian. But when you pick up the upgrade box off the store shelf, that upgrade to C2 is for owners of another version of straight photoshop, not PS3. At least that’s how I interpret it. Ken
F
fillyflash
Dec 21, 2005
We recently upgraded to CS2 and were required to have at least version 5.5. Our version 5.0 wouldn’t take the upgrade.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:49:20 -0500, Ken Palmateer
wrote:

On 20 Dec 2005 14:37:42 -0800, "Mark_48" wrote:

Thanks…
Mark….

Mark: Usually once a year Adobe offers registered users of PS3 the chance to upgrade to PS. I passed the opportunity because I don’t really need it, to upgrade for $299.00 Canadian. But when you pick up the upgrade box off the store shelf, that upgrade to C2 is for owners of another version of straight photoshop, not PS3. At least that’s how I interpret it. Ken
K
kctan
Dec 21, 2005
More importantly is whether your old PC can run CS2.

"Mark_48" wrote in message

Thanks…
Mark….
M4
Mark_48
Dec 21, 2005
Ken Palmateer, What I have is Adobe Photoshop 3.0 Deluxe CD-ROM. Not sure if you thought Elements 3.0.

, This is sort of what I’ve been reading in other
threads. It’s just disturbing that their site states "ANY" previous version and folks are finding out otherwise. What was your recourse when you couldn’t use the upgrade with PS5.0 ?

kctan, The upgrade would be to a WinXP P4 PC. I’ve upgraded to a new PC from an older Win98 machine.
B4
Bob 4
Dec 27, 2005
Is your program registered on the Adobe registration page. If so, then you can probably upgrade it. If not try to register the serial number. If it goes in OK, then contact the Adobe Store and see if it is acceptable for upgrading from.

I recently had an experience with Adobe upgrades while not for Photoshop, I expect the same practice would apply

I upgraded my GoLive version 5 to GL CS2 version 8.
The new software wouldn’t accept my version 5 serial number so I called the nice Indian Adobe help person, who had me try many different ways to install the upgrade to no avail. After a while he got his superior online, and he gave me a new serial number to be used for old version verification.

This was OK because my name and serial number for version 5 was on the Adobe software registration page. If you meet that requirement, then they will work with you to install the upgrade, if not don’t buy it.

Bob

"Mark_48" wrote in message
Ken Palmateer, What I have is Adobe Photoshop 3.0 Deluxe CD-ROM. Not sure if you thought Elements 3.0.

, This is sort of what I’ve been reading in other
threads. It’s just disturbing that their site states "ANY" previous version and folks are finding out otherwise. What was your recourse when you couldn’t use the upgrade with PS5.0 ?

kctan, The upgrade would be to a WinXP P4 PC. I’ve upgraded to a new PC from an older Win98 machine.

M4
Mark_48
Dec 30, 2005
That’s interesting as I called Adobe twice and each Adobe rep (neither one Indian that I could tell) assured me that an upgrade could be done with the version I had. They went so far as to check the serial number and it is still registered under a previous owner, which I have no idea the whereabouts of. I do know I have his old computer and original PS
3.0 CD, so for fact he isn’t using it any longer. They further stated
the previous owners registration would not affect my ability to get the upgrade, only if I wanted technical support for the old version 3.0 would I have to have registration transfered.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections