DH
Posted By
Darrel_H
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Running PS7 in Win2000, and while the computer is usually on a 2-monitor system, I recently had to move it over to another location with only one monitor (a projector) to make a presentation. After I moved it back, I now have a problem with PS. The Layer Effects window appears to be opening up on some off-screen location, and I can’t find it. I recall this happening before with either other programs or maybe earlier versions. I was able to fix it by deleting the .ini or .cfg file and letting the program create a new one. But this version doesn’t seem to have a .ini or .cfg file, so it must be saving these settings elsewhere. The "Reset Palette Locations" option in the Window menu doesn’t fix it. Switching monitors (either through the Windows settings or by physically swapping the plugs) didn’t help. I’m at a loss here. Any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RW
Rene_Walling
Jul 2, 2004
Trash your preferences.

That should fix the problem.

LenHewitt "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 6/23/04 1:05am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
DH
Darrel_H
Jul 2, 2004
Good idea. That’s what I’m trying to do. Where are the preferences? It’s not called "pref-" anything, and it’s not a .ini or .cfg file.

(If you were trying to post a link, it didn’t work. Probably because I’m on the NNTP server…)
B
BobLevine
Jul 2, 2004
Just read the FAQs. It’s discussed there.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections