L
Posted By
LULU
Nov 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m getting an error when I try to create a folder on a blank dvd disc. I want to create the folder so that I can copy jpegs from my HD onto the dvd. The display reads: Unable to create the folder "New Folder" file system error 16389. Windows XP also tells me that the dvd burner is working fine but, it keeps changing the drive icon in the My Computer folder to indicate that the drive is a cd rom. I changed it back to dvd rw and restarted the computer. Decided to try burning an ISO file to a blank disc and it worked fine. Tried once more to create a folder on another blank disc and received the same message as earlier. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lulu : )

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
KatWoman
Nov 10, 2005
"LULU" wrote in message
I’m getting an error when I try to create a folder on a blank dvd disc. I want to create the folder so that I can copy jpegs from my HD onto the dvd.
The display reads: Unable to create the folder "New Folder" file system error 16389. Windows XP also tells me that the dvd burner is working fine but, it keeps changing the drive icon in the My Computer folder to indicate
that the drive is a cd rom. I changed it back to dvd rw and restarted the computer. Decided to try burning an ISO file to a blank disc and it worked fine. Tried once more to create a folder on another blank disc and received the same message as earlier. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
are you using win xp interface?
it is quite limited in options. I use Roxio EZ-CD creator so this is a guess

did you try putting the images into the folder first, naming it and then put the folder on the DVD?
L
LULU
Nov 10, 2005
Yes, I’m using the Windows XP interface. That appears to be the problem. I have since been able to copy the folders and files to a CD disc. It would seem that the problem is in copying to a DVD disc. Perhaps I need better software for accomplishing this task. I’m an artist and often find the need to archive large graphics files in order to free up HD space and memory. My last computer also had EZ-CD Creator and it was basically a no-brainer. Within the Windows domain, progress is often a relative term.

Thanks,

"KatWoman" wrote in message
"LULU" wrote in message
I’m getting an error when I try to create a folder on a blank dvd disc. I
want to create the folder so that I can copy jpegs from my HD onto the dvd.
The display reads: Unable to create the folder "New Folder" file system error 16389. Windows XP also tells me that the dvd burner is working fine
but, it keeps changing the drive icon in the My Computer folder to indicate
that the drive is a cd rom. I changed it back to dvd rw and restarted the
computer. Decided to try burning an ISO file to a blank disc and it worked fine. Tried once more to create a folder on another blank disc and received the same message as earlier. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
are you using win xp interface?
it is quite limited in options. I use Roxio EZ-CD creator so this is a guess

did you try putting the images into the folder first, naming it and then put the folder on the DVD?
S
SCRUFF
Nov 10, 2005
"LULU" wrote in message
Yes, I’m using the Windows XP interface. That appears to be the problem.
I
have since been able to copy the folders and files to a CD disc. It would seem that the problem is in copying to a DVD disc. Perhaps I need better software for accomplishing this task. I’m an artist and often find the
need
to archive large graphics files in order to free up HD space and memory.
My
last computer also had EZ-CD Creator and it was basically a no-brainer. Within the Windows domain, progress is often a relative term.
Thanks,

"KatWoman" wrote in message
"LULU" wrote in message
I’m getting an error when I try to create a folder on a blank dvd disc. I
want to create the folder so that I can copy jpegs from my HD onto the dvd.
The display reads: Unable to create the folder "New Folder" file system error 16389. Windows XP also tells me that the dvd burner is working fine
but, it keeps changing the drive icon in the My Computer folder to indicate
that the drive is a cd rom. I changed it back to dvd rw and restarted the
computer. Decided to try burning an ISO file to a blank disc and it worked fine. Tried once more to create a folder on another blank disc and received the same message as earlier. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
I have no such problems using nero burning software.
B
Brian
Nov 11, 2005
LULU wrote:
I’m getting an error when I try to create a folder on a blank dvd disc. I want to create the folder so that I can copy jpegs from my HD onto the dvd. The display reads: Unable to create the folder "New Folder" file system error 16389. Windows XP also tells me that the dvd burner is working fine but, it keeps changing the drive icon in the My Computer folder to indicate that the drive is a cd rom. I changed it back to dvd rw and restarted the computer. Decided to try burning an ISO file to a blank disc and it worked fine. Tried once more to create a folder on another blank disc and received the same message as earlier. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hi Lulu,

if you have been trying to use Windows "built-in" burning capabilities, then that is the problem. The drag and drop to CD drive facility only works with CD’s. It does not work with DVD’s.

As others have mentioned, you require a 3rd party DVD burning software, such as NERO, to achieve what you desire. If you bought a DVD drive it would definitely have come with the software. If someone gave you their old one when they upgraded, maybe ask them if they still have the disk.

Regards,
Brian.
TR
Trial Run
Nov 12, 2005
This was quite a few months ago, but on a brand new computer with XP Home and The newest Nero for my CD/DVD burner I would get an error and then it would just slam my computer to the ground!
I searched the error on google, found where someone talked about it, it seems I was missing a driver for something???
Now Nero works like a dream, maybe you can find something if you search for your error?
hth’s
WI
wowe is me
Nov 16, 2005
I searched the error and found this

Trial Run wrote:

This was quite a few months ago, but on a brand new computer with XP Home and The newest Nero for my CD/DVD burner I would get an error and then it would just slam my computer to the ground!
I searched the error on google, found where someone talked about it, it seems I was missing a driver for something???
Now Nero works like a dream, maybe you can find something if you search for your error?
hth’s

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
———————————————————- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
———————————————————- http://www.usenet.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections