Posted By
Christiane Ulbricht
Aug 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello!

I want to convert an image to the color space of a scanner, using the scanner’s ICC profile I created with ProfileMaker. The problem is, that it doesn’t appear in the profile-list, although the file is located in c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color.
My printer profile is in the same directory and it is in the list.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Christiane.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

W
WharfRat
Aug 12, 2004
in article 411b79c5$0$10320$, Christiane
Ulbricht at wrote on 8/12/04 7:08 AM:

Hello!

I want to convert an image to the color space of a scanner, using the scanner’s ICC profile I created with ProfileMaker. The problem is, that it doesn’t appear in the profile-list, although the file is located in c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color.

Christiane.

Well – that is not where it goes.
Possibly, your print driver just knows to look there.
I am on the MAC right now and don’t remember the string
but
just do a search for icm
and stick the profile in there.

MSD

And make sure the extension is ".icm" – not – ".icc"
CU
Christiane Ulbricht
Aug 13, 2004
They are all located in this directory, except for some that are located in the adobe-dir, but that can’t be the "place where they should be".

Applying the profile is possible, just converting doesn’t work. Seems like it should be that way 😉

So, I have to apply the scanner profile to tell photoshop that this image was generated with this scanner and then I can convert it to another color space. Right 🙂 ?

Christiane.

WharfRat wrote:

in article 411b79c5$0$10320$, Christiane
Ulbricht at wrote on 8/12/04 7:08 AM:

Hello!

Christiane.

Well – that is not where it goes.
Possibly, your print driver just knows to look there.
I am on the MAC right now and don’t remember the string
but
just do a search for icm
and stick the profile in there.

MSD

And make sure the extension is ".icm" – not – ".icc"
W
WharfRat
Aug 13, 2004
They are all located in this directory, except for some that are located in the adobe-dir, but that can’t be the "place where they should be".
Applying the profile is possible, just converting doesn’t work. Seems like it should be that way 😉

So, I have to apply the scanner profile to tell photoshop that this image was generated with this scanner and then I can convert it to another color space. Right 🙂 ?

Yes

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections