May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In article <LX44a.6996$>,
edjh wrote:

Laplace wrote:
I used magic wand, point and then delete, use the point move the middle object to the right a bit. the left top corner is totally transparent.
why in photo 5.0 I can make the first two digital pics with the background is transparent and the middle object is the hand bag.

and then I save the file as *.jpg.

And it’s transparent? No. Jpeg doesn’t support transparency.
in PSP 7.0, I open the same picture, why the picture has "complete white background" ?

Double-click the Background in teh Layers palette to unlock it.

Backgrounds cannot have transparent parts – double click on the background to convert it to layer 0.

Please try not to post to so many groups in future. It is good manners to post to one or three at most. The copy and paste is very easy to do.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SS
Scott Schwartz
May 26, 2005
"Stewy" wrote in message
In article <LX44a.6996$>,
edjh wrote:

Laplace wrote:
I used magic wand, point and then delete, use the point move the middle object to the right a bit. the left top corner is totally transparent.
why in photo 5.0 I can make the first two digital pics with the background
is transparent and the middle object is the hand bag.

and then I save the file as *.jpg.

And it’s transparent? No. Jpeg doesn’t support transparency.
in PSP 7.0, I open the same picture, why the picture has "complete white
background" ?

Double-click the Background in teh Layers palette to unlock it.

Backgrounds cannot have transparent parts – double click on the background to convert it to layer 0.

Please try not to post to so many groups in future. It is good manners to post to one or three at most. The copy and paste is very easy to do.

To make a transparent background you will either have to stick to the PSD format or make it a gif with transparent background. Some programs will use a TGA format with an alpha channel for drop out transparency as well. Once it is converted to jpg the bg will be white.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections