DJ
Posted By
David_j_Russell
Jan 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Something happened and now when I go to edit a photo, something weird is happening.

If you notice the border of the overlapped… thats how the work area in CS4 should look but its not. I dont know whats wrong.

Running Photoshop CS4 on 32 Vista Home Premium. ATI 4800 series graphic card…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Silkrooster
Jan 12, 2009
Try pressing the F key a few times. You may be in another view mode. If that does not do it, then you may need to trash your preference files.
DJ
David_j_Russell
Jan 13, 2009
I have already trashed my preferences folder and reinstalled. The only way i can actually see the "transparent" background is by filling the bottom layer with black and turning the opacity down to allow me to see the grid… other than that its all white.
S
Silkrooster
Jan 13, 2009
I think you confused me. I thought you were having an issue with the photoshop border. Now it sounds like you are having an issue with the document it self. Should I assume you are talking about a new blank document? If so, when you create a new document the pop up window will let you specify a background color such as white or a transparent background.

After the document has been created and you have a white background. Select the layer in the layers palette and double click on it and click OK. This will unlock that layer. Now you can use any of the selection methods or go to the menu and select>select all. You should see a dotted line around the outside edge of the document, this tells you the entire document is selected. Just hit the delete key and the white background will be replaced with the transparent background.
K
KatWoman
Jan 13, 2009
have you turned off the grid?
DJ
David_j_Russell
Jan 16, 2009
I apologize i did not mean to confuse you. You are right on the area that I am having a problem with. Yet when I unlock and delete the background, you would normally get a grid looking background. Mine stays white for some reason, though technically it is transparent. Visually it stays white, has no direct affect on the document because when i save it, it is transparent. I just can not see the normal grid look of the transparent background.
S
Silkrooster
Jan 16, 2009
OK, go to your preferences Edit>Preferences>Transparency & Gamut… change the grid size from none to small, medium or large.
K
KatWoman
Jan 17, 2009
wrote in message
OK, go to your preferences Edit>Preferences>Transparency & Gamut… change the grid size from none to small, medium or large.

posted that solution on 1/13

"have you turned off the grid? "

am I invisible here?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections