L
Posted By
Latte1
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop 6 and I can’t seem to get the Help files. When I click on Help, Contents, the hour glass comes up for a short period and then just disappears but I never get directed to any help files. When I installed the program, I did a Custom Install and checked everything. Does anyone know what I should do?

Thank you for your help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

HD
hot_denim
Jun 10, 2004
I know in 7 it lanches the web browser (defualt). Is you web browser working OK etc and default…
L
Latte1
Jun 10, 2004
I’m using Internet Explorer and it seems to work fine for everything else…I was wonderng if it might be Photoshop 6 or not. Do you think there is something I should have checked that I don’t in Internet Options?

Thanks again for your help.
L
Latte1
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks, I did read that. I’m using Windows XP Professional and do have the Service Pack. My Help files are installed and if I go into the Explorer and click on them, they open and I saved it to a Favorite Place, it’s just that I can’t access it without using a different window. I haven’t tried Solution 2 yet, but I have done the upgrade to 6.01. I was kind of afraid of messing with the Registry although if I knew it would really work, I would back it up and try it.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 11, 2004
Latte,

There’s another techdoc for you toy look at:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2b606.htm
L
Latte1
Jun 11, 2004
I am running Norton’s Antivirus…do you think that could be the problem?
L
LenHewitt
Jun 11, 2004
Latte,

No Norton AV shouldn’t cause problems (although other modules of system works can cause mayhem)
L
Latte1
Jun 11, 2004
Nothing comes easily…lol! I do have SystemWorks on my computer.

Thanks for your help. I think I’ll just settle for being able to open the Help files through my Favorite places for now until I upgrade. I’ve just taken a Photoshop class and love it and think as I use it more I will be upgrading so hopefully that will take care of the problem.

Gail
L
LenHewitt
Jun 12, 2004
Gail,

I do have SystemWorks on my computer<<

Then DO disable .LST files from the recycle bin protection (or better still disable recycle bin protection completely!)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections