NR
Posted By
nick_reed
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve managed to use photoshop 7 to create slices in an image, but I want these slices to each link to a different web page. I have set up 5 slices with each one linking to a different web page. HOw do I save the .psd file so that I can put the picture on my web page and have it link? I’ve honestly looked everywhere I can find and I cannot get a clear answer, even semi-clear. Thanks for any help! My webpage with the picture I want to use to link is at <http://www.euuc.org/youth/uusite.php> -Nick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 5, 2004
Nick,

save the .psd and then open it up in IR. If you already have the image sliced, choose the select slice tool and the slices will appear on your image. If you don’t have the image sliced up, use the create slice tool to make your slices.

For simplicity, try to make (slice) nice and even rows/columns. Where you have uneven rows/columns, IR will create "spacer.gif" images. Not a biggie, just letting you know it will do it. You will need to upload those spacers as well.

Select a slice, then in the slice palette, you can enter a URL (you generally only have to put the file name, not a full path to it) for it and a unique image name (for example, if you have an image for "links" you might wish to call your slice name "links").

Save it via File -> Save Optimized As. Make sure you save as both images and html.

hth,
grasshopper
WO
Walwin_Oglivie
Jun 5, 2004
hmmm that sounds complicated so try this save each slice in a gif. format then in the website your building open CSS then make style using each image then once image is inplace then attache link to them very easy if you are using dreamweaver this can also be done in golive
WO
Walwin_Oglivie
Jun 5, 2004
oops forgot save for web select gif. good luck
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 6, 2004
Walwin,

have you ever tried IR for taking an image, slicing it and adding links? It’s really not all that rough to do and is certainly easier than trying to do CSS or using DW or GL!

That said, if one wanted to *learn* html, then DW and GL would be a good way to go.

grasshopper
WO
Walwin_Oglivie
Jun 6, 2004
I also used IR I find that easier and quicker to animate but I figured if he was asking about linking in PS7 I didn’t want fry his brain cells so I offered an alternate way to get the job done I would of said just code it in but like I said it was an alternate way of getting the job done no offense meant
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 6, 2004
Walwin,

no offense intended or taken 🙂
H
heathrowe
Jun 6, 2004
Why jump ship? When everthing you need is onboard! Is what I usually say…. but thats just me….

Nice explanation Grass Hopper
heathrowe
WO
Walwin_Oglivie
Jun 6, 2004
Yawwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 6, 2004
🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections