Posted By
Rodrigo
May 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone,

I’m an amateur digital photographer with some experience on Photoshop 5 acquired many years ago (mostly then for Web design purposes…). Adobe claims Photoshop CS2 is the most suitable version to date for digital photographers, as you can see on their website. So I downloaded the trial-version to see if this version can work for me. One of the most interesting features I though for me was the ability to save different versions (or variations ?) of the same photo, and have them neatly grouped (automatically of course..) in the new Brdige program. The only problem is that the option "save a version" in the File-menu never seems to be active, whatever that I do. By the way, I know that Photoshop Element 3 does this version thing quit smoothly. Is this something that only works in the Full version, or even only in the CS suite ? And what is exactly the difference between a ‘version’ and a ‘variation ?’

Thank in advance for your help !

Bye,

Rodrigo

PS: Ah, I’m new to this group, so please excuse me if I ask questions that have already been answered…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
whizwhizwhizwhizwhiz
May 1, 2005
The versioning that you are looking for requires Version Cue which I don’t think comes with the trial version. I don’t even know if it comes with the Photoshop only package. You may have to buy the suite to get it.

"Rodrigo" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I’m an amateur digital photographer with some experience on Photoshop 5 acquired many years ago (mostly then for Web design purposes…). Adobe claims Photoshop CS2 is the most suitable version to date for digital photographers, as you can see on their website. So I downloaded the trial-version to see if this version can work for me. One of the most interesting features I though for me was the ability to save different versions (or variations ?) of the same photo, and have them neatly grouped (automatically of course..) in the new Brdige program. The only problem is that the option "save a version" in the File-menu never seems to be active, whatever that I do. By the way, I know that Photoshop Element 3 does this version thing quit smoothly. Is this something that only works in the Full version, or even only in the CS suite ? And what is exactly the difference between a ‘version’ and a ‘variation ?’

Thank in advance for your help !

Bye,

Rodrigo

PS: Ah, I’m new to this group, so please excuse me if I ask questions that have already been answered…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections