RP
Posted By
rock_parker
May 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an older machine, 2G cpu, 1G 333 RAM and a dual monitor Matrox card, which seems to run about as fast in CS (almost as fast, anyway) as in PS 7. However, when applying one of the Artistic filters–say for instance, the dry brush filter–a window opens up that not only takes up my 25" monitor, but about half the 19" one as well. No amount of tugging and dragging on the corners will let me resize this window any smaller. You know the window I’m talking about, w/all the various artistic filter possibilities displayed to the right of the chosen filter’s window. Well, to the right of that are the sliders that control brush size, detail and texture and it’s definitely a hassle to start moving a slider on one monitor only to switch over to the other monitor. I can, of course, turn off the windows for all the other filters but that doesn’t change the size of the overall window. So, is there a way I can resize the popup window so that it only takes up one monitor?

Also, I miss the preview on/off checkboxes of previous versions. Is there a way I can preview off and on quickly?

That’s two questions in the order of importance. If anyone can help, I’d be grateful.

Thanks,

rock

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RP
rock_parker
May 27, 2004
forget question two, sorry. Of course the preview goes off and on.

but the huge window taking up one and a half monitors and still can’t be resized is still a problem.

rock
RB
Robert_Barnett
May 27, 2004
Yes. Welcome to another thoughtless innovation from Adobe. Sometimes I don’t think they think things through. They sure as heck don’t test them out on customers before doing them. Their beta testers must be dead heads to not have had a problem with that one.

Robert
RP
rock_parker
May 27, 2004
Robert may be right, here, but, is there something I can do? Perhaps if I change the subject line to something like "HELP…CHRIS…DAVE…ALL YOU EXPERTS" or maybe "P/S C/S AND SEX AND WORLD PEACE"!
RM
Rick Moore
May 27, 2004
The dialog fits on either of my monitors – what screen resolution are you running? The minimum requirement is 1024 x 768.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 27, 2004
I don’t know what Robert is smoking…

But the minimum display size for CS is 1024×768, and the filter gallery dialog fits within that.

Now, it is still possible that you just have corrupt preferences and that is throwinig off the size (check the directory – because filter gallery stores some of it’s own prefs).
RP
rock_parker
May 28, 2004
Derrick, Chris, you guys were right. I had the big monitor set on 800×600 (so I could kick back and sit in a LaZBoy and view it from a distance via wireless keyboard and mouse).

Of course, setting the resolution at 1024×768 solved the problem (duh, I shoulda figured THAT one out for myself) but now I have to ask myself is sitting bolt upright in front of this monitor and giving up my E-Z viewing in my recliner worth it!

Thanks for the help, volunteer expert-guys, we ‘preciate ya!

rock
RM
Rick Moore
May 28, 2004
800 x 600 on a 25" monitor?, you must have thing for Lego’s 😉
CC
Chris_Cox
May 28, 2004
Glad to hear you got it solved.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 3, 2004
I dislike the 1024×768 requirement as well. I’d like to see those dialogs redone to fit 800×600. I’d also like the option to turn off the filter browser and use all the artistic filters the old way.

Don’t mind me. I’m sick and I’m grumpy. Harumph!

(and catching up on old posts I missed while on vacation)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections