GB
Posted By
George_Butch
Jan 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using PhotoShop 6 since shortly after its release. Today, I set up dual monitors on my system for the first time. Using a Matrox G450 with the latest drivers on a Pentium 4 under Win 2000 Pro.

What I wanted was to keep my editing on one monitor and move all the pallets to the other. It doesn’t seem to work that way.

Windows treats this setup as a single wide screen monitor and spreads everything across the two. Opening splash screens are split between the monitors. And while I can indeed move the pallets over to the 2nd monitor, I cannot seem to confine the photo image to the first. Worse, I can’t even pan a 100% size image if it fits within the width of the two monitors.

Nor can I get Adobe Gamma to recognize this as two monitors that need individual treatments. This is not what I had in mind.

Please, somebody, tell me I’m making some foolish mistake in my setup. This is not a workable arrangement.

Thank you.

George Butch
Frustrated in Plantation, FL

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SH
Steve Hughes
Jan 10, 2004
I use an ati 9700 with Hydravision dual monitors
works Great with tools and album on right photoshop on left Hydravision allows any window to be moved right or left and the mouse or cursor moves seamlessly from monitor to monitor
Steve
wrote in message
I’ve been using PhotoShop 6 since shortly after its release. Today, I set
up dual monitors on my system for the first time. Using a Matrox G450 with the latest drivers on a Pentium 4 under Win 2000 Pro.
What I wanted was to keep my editing on one monitor and move all the
pallets to the other. It doesn’t seem to work that way.
Windows treats this setup as a single wide screen monitor and spreads
everything across the two. Opening splash screens are split between the monitors. And while I can indeed move the pallets over to the 2nd monitor, I cannot seem to confine the photo image to the first. Worse, I can’t even pan a 100% size image if it fits within the width of the two monitors.
Nor can I get Adobe Gamma to recognize this as two monitors that need
individual treatments. This is not what I had in mind.
Please, somebody, tell me I’m making some foolish mistake in my setup.
This is not a workable arrangement.
Thank you.

George Butch
SH
Steve Hughes
Jan 10, 2004
Might try this…
go to display properties and set both monitors to same resolution under settings in display properties set 1 as primary and 2 as Extend my desktop onto this monitor
keep monitor 1 as primary
This works on my system
Radeon 9700 ati
dual nec lcd panels
athlon2600
asus a7n8x motherboard
win xp
Steve
wrote in message
I’ve been using PhotoShop 6 since shortly after its release. Today, I set
up dual monitors on my system for the first time. Using a Matrox G450 with the latest drivers on a Pentium 4 under Win 2000 Pro.
What I wanted was to keep my editing on one monitor and move all the
pallets to the other. It doesn’t seem to work that way.
Windows treats this setup as a single wide screen monitor and spreads
everything across the two. Opening splash screens are split between the monitors. And while I can indeed move the pallets over to the 2nd monitor, I cannot seem to confine the photo image to the first. Worse, I can’t even pan a 100% size image if it fits within the width of the two monitors.
Nor can I get Adobe Gamma to recognize this as two monitors that need
individual treatments. This is not what I had in mind.
Please, somebody, tell me I’m making some foolish mistake in my setup.
This is not a workable arrangement.
Thank you.

George Butch
RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 10, 2004
Been awhile since I installed the Matrox drivers, but I seem to remember needing to make the choice during the install. If you didn’t do that you may need to reinstall the drivers.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 10, 2004
you need to set them up as 2 independant moniotrs. see your documentation for this. right now you’r treating both monitors as a single desktop. i’d offer more if i could, but i’m using 2 boards (ati and nvida) and have the capability of setting 2 indipendent desktops. read your cards manual or help file, it should get you going now that you know what to look for.
GB
George_Butch
Jan 10, 2004
I actually located the correct settings by trial and error once I found the Matrox "Quick Desk" and got it running. My card came with no printed documentation whatever, so I have been stumbling around. The settings are not as intuitive as one might hope.

Thank you to those who offered assistance.

George Butch
Plantation, FL
SB
Scott_Byer
Jan 16, 2004
Glad you got it solved. The Multiple Monitor support in Win2k isn’t as good as it ended up in WinXP, and it was up to the driver maker to get the dual monitor treatment correct in Win2k.

-Scott
EB
eddie_booth
Jan 30, 2004
I have Photoshop 4.0.1 on XP with 2 monitors (matrox550 card, 1g ram, 2.6 p4)

My question is I can move the photoshop window and working picture onto screen 2 but none of the pallets. (Painter 5.5 has similar prob) The only advice I can get is that if its a MS DOS prog then it cannot utilise the two screens.

Because PS4 is a Win 95 program and the fact half of it does display over two screens I’m trying to confirm that this is a problem only corrected by an upgrade to XP compatable software?

please tell me there is a patch or something!
Cheers, Ed.
JS
John_Slate
Jan 30, 2004
Hey Eddie:

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections