Can Photoshop visualize correctly different vertical and Horizontal DPIs?

GV
Posted By
Guillermo_Vellenaweth
May 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there. I’m not currently a Photoshop owner or user. I am currently using Corel Photopaint, but I have a big problem.
I use the bitmaps as a source for a weaving program. I need to be able to us different DPI veticaly and horizontaly, since the number of yarns that are inserted horizontaly and veritcaly is not the same. It goes in a 1 : 2.06 ratio. This distortions the image and makes it hard to work for designers.
The question is:
I make the bitmap with a vertical resolution of 100 dpis and a horizontal one of 205 dpis. Will Photoshop be able to visualize correctly the image? That is, my pixel wont be squared, it will be rectangular.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JB
Jonathan_Balza
May 3, 2004
Photoshop CS can handle your problem. It can use different Pixel Ratios, or "Non-square pixels" as they are called in the program. You can even create a custom ratio of 1:2.06 for your specific use.

And yes, Photoshop will be able to correctly visualize it, but it may look rather… interesting on screen. 😉 I am not sure if it will print out with that aspect ratio in place, though… I have only used it for video, and never tried printing.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections