CS 4 Photomerge=vertical when it’s a horizontal Panorama?

J
Posted By
JCW
Mar 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just upgraded to CS 4 from CS 3 and I seem to be having a problem with the photomerge. i have shot a bunch of horizontal Panorama sequences using a pano head making sure the nodal point is correctly aligned etc. I have done quite a bit with CS 3 with no troubles.

Now with CS 4 I go from select the sequence in Bridge and under tools use Photomerge (auto) however instead of a horizontal panorama it aligning the layers in a weird vertical arrangement. Like I said I just upgraded to CS 4 and am wondering if i have something set screwy because this was never a problem with CS 3. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jeff

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 16, 2009
What happens when you try one of the panos you did successfully in CS3 as a CS4 pano?

Neil
J
JCW
Mar 17, 2009
Hi Neil, that’s the problem I know these Raw sequence images stitch ok with CS 3 that’s why I must have something set wrong. Any ideas? thanks jeff
J
JCW
Mar 18, 2009
Anyone have any ideas this is not working? please! I was able to get it to work once with a sequence that was shot horizontal but I almost always shoot these with the camera vertical. I have even gotten CS 4 to stack my panorama in rows of a vertical document. I just don’t get it. thanks for any advise. jeff
R
Ram
Mar 18, 2009
Just a few questions:

* Have you tried trashing your Photoshop preferences?
* What exact version of the OS? 10.4.11 or 10.5.6?
* What exact version of Photoshop CS4? 11.0.1?
* What exact model of Mac?
J
JCW
Mar 18, 2009
Hi Ramon thanks for the response:
I trashed the preferences
OS 10.5.6
MacPro 2.8 quad 10gb ram
plenty of overlap I have stitched this sequence with PTgui, it was shot with a dedicated pano head.

Any ideas? I know I can get better results out of CS 3 so there must be something wrong

thanks jeff
B
Buko
Mar 18, 2009
jeff, I made a few panos this winter of some snow scenes in the neighborhood. all images were vertical and the panno was horizontal. I just used auto setting. it work perfectly.

could it have something to do with with your camera auto rotating the images?

It shouldn’t as I use that function.
J
JCW
Mar 18, 2009
Hi Buko, just out of curiosity were you also using OS 10.5.6? As for the auto rotate no I’ve tried many different sequences including files that have been saved as tiffs. I can get it to work fine in CS 3 absolute crap in CS 4 including an hour on the phone with Adobe support. What can be different about my setup?
B
Buko
Mar 18, 2009
I’m using Tiger 10.4.11

I’ve got a test system 10.5.6 I give it a try a little later.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections