N
Posted By
nvslater
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Have network; windows xp; PS-CS on 3 machines: Need to auto backup pictures. Please help

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 21, 2004
what do you mean "auto"? there’s several back up programs out there.
RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 21, 2004
Not to mention hardware.
N
nvslater
Apr 22, 2004
auto, as in automatic
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 22, 2004
Backups can be scheduled.

Mac
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 22, 2004
Why not just use MS Backup on a schedule. It’s included with Win XP [even if you may have to install it separately] and it works.

I’d recommend doing a full [rotating] backup, as incremental caused me some problems.
N
nvslater
Apr 22, 2004
I have over 2 megabite of pictures included in 7 different folders, moving and changing names, everday. The changing information within the files is the problem. Requires a new backup every time and the old one removed. Will MS Backup remove the previous backup, while making anew one?
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 22, 2004
Will MS Backup remove the previous backup, while making anew one?

I think it’ll do what you want. But this is an Adobe forum …
EI
Enrique_Ivern
Apr 22, 2004
I assume that what you want is to maintain two sets of files synchronized. For that, try the excellent free program Karen’s Replicator.
N
nvslater
Apr 23, 2004
Synchronized files would be great, but I can’t find where Karen will do anything but backup. That might work just fine, I’ll have to try it.
I was looking for imformation on programs that are in use by forum members. Programs that, they use to safe guard there work.
EI
Enrique_Ivern
Apr 23, 2004
Believe me, Karen will synchonize. Just try it.
I’m using it. If you need help with the necessary settings, just ask.

<http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections