Active layer on/off (again)

S
Posted By
Stephan
Dec 13, 2004
Views
216
Replies
6
Status
Closed
Hi all,
Sorry for asking again but a lot of you don’t read this group on the week-end.
Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut to show / hide the active layer. Having to click on the eye is a pain when you have to do it a lot TIA

Stephan
V
V1nc3nt
Dec 13, 2004
Stephan wrote:
Hi all,
Sorry for asking again but a lot of you don’t read this group on the week-end.
Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut to show / hide the active layer. Having to click on the eye is a pain when you have to do it a lot TIA

Stephan

No, there’s not, and you can’t make one. I would like to see that too in Photoshop CS+ (Creative Sweeter)
C
Corey
Dec 14, 2004
I think most keyboard shortcuts for layer visibility still involve the "eye."

However, Alt-clicking or Option-clicking on the eye will show/hide all other layers.

Go to Help and search for Keyboard Shortcuts" and then click on "Keys for using the Layers Palette."

Peadge 🙂

"Stephan" wrote in message
Hi all,
Sorry for asking again but a lot of you don’t read this group on the week-end.
Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut to show / hide the active layer. Having to click on the eye is a pain when you have to do it a lot TIA

Stephan
S
Stephan
Dec 14, 2004
Peadge wrote:

Go to Help and search for Keyboard Shortcuts" and then click on "Keys for using the Layers Palette."
I always read the manual and do a Google search before asking questions on a NG.

Stephan
S
Stephan
Dec 14, 2004
V1nc3nt wrote:
Stephan wrote:

Hi all,
Sorry for asking again but a lot of you don’t read this group on the week-end.
Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut to show / hide the active layer. Having to click on the eye is a pain when you have to do it a lot TIA

Stephan

No, there’s not, and you can’t make one. I would like to see that too in Photoshop CS+ (Creative Sweeter)

Funny how you find completly useless functions in PS (like the panorama creator) but no simple way to Show / Hide a layer.
Maybe next version.

Stephan
V
V1nc3nt
Dec 14, 2004
Stephan wrote:
Peadge wrote:

Go to Help and search for Keyboard Shortcuts" and then click on "Keys for using the Layers Palette."
I always read the manual and do a Google search before asking questions on a NG.

good boy 🙂
C
Corey
Dec 14, 2004
"Stephan" wrote in message

I always read the manual and do a Google search before asking questions on a NG.

Stephan

That’s where I looked before posting, but gave the suggestion just in case I missed it. A shortcut would be way cool!

Peadge 🙂

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections