ES
Posted By
Eric_Sims
Apr 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a file with about 35 layers. The top layer is needed to make the lower layers look right. My plan was to copy the first two layers into the new file, turn off the second layer, turn on the third layer, and then copy it, along with the top layer still turned on, into the same new file. I want to repeat this process until all layers have been copied. I just cannot seem to find out how to do this without a tremendous amount of extra work. So I know how to do it the looong way, but surely there is a way I can copy two layers, in their arranged order, as one new layer into a new file? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this? Thanks.

Eric

Photoshop 8
Windows XP, SP3

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
J_Maloney
Apr 3, 2009
File > scripts > layers to files. Then batch those created PSD files using an action that places the effect layer on top.
P
privateofcourse
May 4, 2009
wrote:
I have created a file with about 35 layers….surely there is a way I can copy two layers, in their arranged order, as > one new layer into a new file? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this? Thanks.

I searched high and low for an answer and couldn’t find one…so I worked it out myself! Here’s how to do it easily:

1. LINK all layers you want to move or copy to a new file in the layers palette
2. On the top right side of the layer palette click the right arrow to reveal the layers palette drop down menu
3. Choose ‘New set from linked’. This will group all your linked layers under one folder set.
4. Simply drag the set (folder) from one file to another.

Well I was pretty relieved when I worked out how to do it because I didn’t want to have to manually drag hundreds of layers from one file to another.

Voila! HTH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections