S
Posted By
salesian
Oct 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new in Photoshop, but would someone please help by telling me where are the Auto FX Photographic edges 6 .cue and .bin files located in the Adobe Plug in folders please!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
PiT
Oct 11, 2004
do you have bought and installed them?
auto fx photographic edges are a 3rd party plugin which are not implemented in ps.
you can download a trial at www.autofx.com

PiT
……

"Paul J.J. O’Keong" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I’m new in Photoshop, but would someone please help by telling me where are the Auto FX Photographic edges 6 .cue and .bin files located in the Adobe Plug in folders please!

N
nmichaels
Oct 11, 2004
"Paul J.J. O’Keong" wrote in message

Auto FX should place the file "PGE_PlugIn.8bf" in the Plug ins folder which then calls the PGE.exe executable. In my installation, PGE.exe and the other files are located in their own separate sub directory located in the Plugin folder, in a directory called "PGE".

If I recall correctly, the bin and cue files are the install files on the cds and do not get installed with the program, only expanded to form the actual image files and thumbnails. I do not remember if you can install the program in such a way that it runs with only the thumbnails and then asks for the proper cd when you choose the effect you want. Perhaps someone else knows.

Just a side note, I only load the plugin when I plan to use PGE. To do otherwise really slows down CS’s deployment, even longer than it already takes.

Norm Michaels

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections