MM
Posted By
Mike_Morrell
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have downloaded a lot of cool individual actions. They are all in .atn files. But when I use the action pallet to "load actions", I can only select one at a time and when I do, they each go into their own set. How can I 1) load multiple actions at once and 2) move previously created actions into a set so that I can group them together?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 26, 2006
..ATN files ARE sets. You can’t load individual actions. Often times there will be a set of one action.

Just drag the individual actions from set to set in the Actions palette. Don’t forget to save them.

If you store your actions in the Photoshop Actions folder in Presets they will appear in the flyout menu and can be loaded just by clicking on the menu item.

EDIT: No actions in Preset Manager. Use Actions Palette.
DR
Danny Raphael
Jul 27, 2006
One way to load multiple .atn files into the Actions Palette in a single pass bypasses the Load actions… dialog completely.

* Open the folder where the .atn files live. Be sure part of Photoshop’s window is also visible * Select (highlight) as many .atn files as you like
* Drag/drop the selected files anywhere within Photoshop’s window. Each .atn file will be immediately loaded into the Actions Palette as an Action Set, as Ed pointed out.

A variation if PS’s window is not visible…
* Again, select the desired .atn files
* Then, while holding the left mouse button down (and keeping it down) put the cursor arrow on top of the PS icon in the System Tray (usually at the bottom of one’s screen)
* When PS’s window opens and while keeping the left mouse button down, drag into PS’s window and then release the mouse button.

Thanks to TonyK who turned me onto this nifty trick.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections