Posted By
MervJones
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a worrying problem.

I generally shoot in Canon Raw, and process the files through PSCS on a Windows XP on a Dell Dimention 4600 machine with 1 Gig RAM, I eventually save to JPEG in the image dimentions that I want to print. The problem is that some of my JPEG files are getting corrupted. For example, today I processed a portrait shoot, and created 4 X 6 files to print the proofs from. I then copied the files to a CF card, and took them to be printed. I did not touch the originals after that. I’ve just come home, and was showing the original 4 X 6 to the client, and one of them failed to show a thumbnail in the browser. When I double clicked the file to load in PSCS I got an error message to the effect that the file was corrupt, and it would not open. I then connected the CF card, and it showed the thumbnail and loaded in PSCS. I have two hard drives, and generally save my files to the second drive, however, after the last time files got corrupted, I saved this set to the C drive. The same thing has happened again, so I know it’s not the drive. It’s only happening to JPEG. I also run a virus checker daily, so I don’t think it’s that.

Anyone else had this problem?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections