SC
Posted By
Sheila Caim
Jul 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the same problem with other plugins disappearing in Photoshop 6. Did you solve your problems? If so, could you tell me what you did?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JC
Josh Conley
Jul 6, 2003
autofx is at the bottom of your filters drop down under PGE. Missing filters, don’t know how to help you there
SC
Sheila Caim
Jul 6, 2003
Here’s what I did – I moved the plugins folder out of photoshop, and then created a new plugins folder back in Photoshop. Then I copied all the plugins back, one at a time, leaving PGE for last.

All the plugins showed up in Photoshop. Then I started copying the PGE stuff back, and after the volume-04 folder is when some of the other plugins started to disappear.

If I then deleted the folders after volume-04, the plugins reappeared.

So do I have some setting wrong? I don’t know what is happening.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
P
Phosphor
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds like you have too many 3rd-party plugins.

Try putting all the PGE stuff in one folder, then point to it from your Photoshop preferences as being your additional plugins folder.

Then start adding your other 3rd-party plugins to that folder. Think hard about which 3rd-party plugins you use ALL the time and weed out ones you rarely use into a separate folder. When you need to get at them, change your preferences.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 6, 2003
if you’re running win 9x or me there’s a nebulous limit on menu items. It’s an os thing. Also sometimes shows up in the actions and brushes palettes if you have too many of them loaded.
SC
Sheila Caim
Jul 7, 2003
I only have about 8 3rd party filters, but PGE is HUGE – over 10,000 effects.

Based on your suggestion, I found a slightly easier way. If I put a "~" in front of the filename, Photoshop won’t try to load the plugin. So I can just use the "~" and get all my other plugins showing, or delete the "~" and get PGE back.

So the problem is really a Windows(2000) or Photoshop problem….<sigh>
DM
dave milbut
Jul 8, 2003
shouldn’t be a problem in windows 2000, xp or nt, afaik. But I’ve heard the ps developers say it definately was a problem in win 9x and win me.
PR
PS Rookie
Jul 8, 2003
How about a plugin to manage plugins (and the lite version is freeware)! 😀

<http://www.plugincommander.com/>
DM
dave milbut
Jul 9, 2003
the prob was only with win 9x and win me.

pierre, AFAICR it was never a ps issue at all so there was nothing to "fix".
A
andrewbckl
May 19, 2004
Hi

There are some new updates of the graphicxtras.com plugins ‘Andrew’s plugins’. 100s and 100s of new presets, up to 16 volumes now of plugins for pc photoshop and others
The plugins have recently been updated. There are upgrades available for purchasers of the plugins. The plugins were originally sapphire innovations (from my old site sapphire-innovations.com) or innovations, so the upgrade is for those as well

Andrew
graphicxtras.com
http://www.graphicxtras.com/products/photoshopplugins.htm
P
Photo-Plugins
Jun 4, 2005
Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know about Photo-Plugins
(http://www.photo-plugins.com), a site I recently set up to distribute several Photoshop plugins I develop.
At this moment you can download for free the following plugins: -Black & White conversion (adjustable tonal response, b/w films simulation, grain, toning etc)
-Local Contrast Enhancement (alternative sharpening method) -Contrast Mask
-Gradient Blur
-Soft Focus
-Barrel/Pincushion correction
-Selective Saturation

Comments and suggestions welcome!
Enjoy.
P
pensioentje
Jun 6, 2005
On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 18:25:10 +0300, Photo-Plugins
wrote:

Hi all,
(http://www.photo-plugins.com), a site I recently set up to distribute several Photoshop plugins I develop.
At this moment you can download for free the following plugins: -Black & White conversion (adjustable tonal response, b/w films simulation, grain, toning etc)
-Gradient Blur
-Soft Focus
-Selective Saturation

Enjoy.
how to unzip the plugins?
P
Photo-Plugins
Jun 7, 2005
pensioentje wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 18:25:10 +0300, Photo-Plugins
wrote:

Hi all,
-Gradient Blur
-Soft Focus
-Selective Saturation

Enjoy.

how to unzip the plugins?
Just use a suitable application like winzip, winrar etc.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections