Posted By
Darian Muresan
Sep 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear Photoshop Newsgroup,

A few months ago I have posted a listing for a free image viewer that I had initially developed. I asked for your feedback and based on some of your responses we now have now created a new version of Visere. Some of Visere’s features are:

1. Visere is a unique, high-speed, flicker-free image viewer

2. A basic image management tool that supports over a dozen of widely used image formats.

3. Visere has support for plug-ins and offers dynamic thumbnails, favorite directories and portfolios, and batch processing.

4. Among other unique features are: always on top, lock zoom and scroll, EXIF support, and several different options for rotate and flip.

5. Visere runs on Windows 98, 2000, and XP.

6. Visere is free.

You can download Visere from

http://www.dmmd.net/products/visere_downloads.htm

and you can see screenshots at:

http://www.dmmd.net/products/visere_screenshots.htm

As before, any comments or suggestions on how to improve Visere are more than welcome. I thank you in advance for taking the time to try out Visere and I look forward to all your awesome feedback. I also apologize in advance for those of you that might be offended by this email and consider it spam. It is not intended as such!

Feedback on Visere or anything else is welcome. Please send email to darian at dmmd punct net.

Sincerely yours,
Darian Muresan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

V
Voivod
Sep 8, 2004
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:38:33 -0400, "Darian Muresan" scribbled:

4. Among other unique features are: always on top, lock zoom and scroll, EXIF support, and several different options for rotate and flip.

These are ‘unique’? Perhaps you need to look up the word.
T
toosano
Sep 8, 2004
I just downloaded this and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. It is way more stable than AcdSee, even though it lacks many of the features.
The thing I like about it right off is that you can set whatever editor you want, so when I click on a pic to edit it opens PS7.
For viewing pics I’m not sure it can be beat, it’s so fast. Thanks for the program. I’ll use it now.
W

"Darian Muresan" wrote in message

A few months ago I have posted a listing for a free image viewer that I
had
initially developed. I asked for your feedback and based on some of your responses we now have now created a new version of Visere. Some of
Visere’s
features are:

2. A basic image management tool that supports over a dozen of widely used image formats.

3. Visere has support for plug-ins and offers dynamic thumbnails, favorite directories and portfolios, and batch processing.

6. Visere is free.

As before, any comments or suggestions on how to improve Visere are more than welcome. I thank you in advance for taking the time to try out
Visere
and I look forward to all your awesome feedback. I also apologize in advance for those of you that might be offended by this email and consider it spam. It is not intended as such!

Feedback on Visere or anything else is welcome. Please send email to
darian
at dmmd punct net.

Sincerely yours,
Darian Muresan

J
Johan
Sep 8, 2004
"Darian Muresan" schreef in bericht

had
initially developed. I asked for your feedback and based on some of your responses we now have now created a new version of Visere. Some of
Visere’s
features are:

After just taking a quick look I like the program already ! espessially for me the auto play (full screen) and rename are interesting. when making lots of fotos every week from my sons sport (for sending them to a friend to put on a website)
I have not tried all features but I sure will use the program A LOT !!! starting the external editor does not works properly, request that it is not the rigth kind of file ??!!
editor starts but photo not loaded. Maybe after I restart my computer ?

greetings

Johan
R
Ron
Sep 8, 2004
"Darian Muresan" wrote in message

had
Visere’s
features are:

6. Visere is free.

As before, any comments or suggestions on how to improve Visere are more than welcome. I thank you in advance for taking the time to try out
Visere
and I look forward to all your awesome feedback. I also apologize in advance for those of you that might be offended by this email and consider it spam. It is not intended as such!

Feedback on Visere or anything else is welcome. Please send email to
darian
at dmmd punct net.

Sincerely yours,
Darian Muresan

Very nice program. But could you fix the horizontal and vertical flips? They’re reversed. It makes it awkward to use. Also, for some strange reason, setting the external editor to Adobe CS doesn’t seem to work. It opens the program alright, but will not display the JPG. I just get a white canvas. Setting the background to transparency doesn’t work either. Strangely, though, setting the editor to Image Ready does work. Any ideas why? Also, how exactly is the Lock Zoom and scroll supposed to work. I thought it would anchor a point when clicked on image and then you could zoom freely OUT and IN with mouse wheel on that point. Am I missing something, because it doesn’t seem to do anything different from selecting just the zoom tool. I’m using XP Pro. Again, it’s a very good image viewer.

Ron
M
MAX
Sep 9, 2004
Having used many Image Viewers over the years ACDSEE 6 and Compupic being the current 2 I most use this program has alot of potential.Fast simple and efficient. Editing within the program isn’t important for me as I use PS for that. Yes the PS link fails for me also, plus on my system (XP Pro) the thumnail titles ect overlapping the actual thumnail is rather useless.The thumnails and the data you want showing needs work.

Using dual monitors and being able to drag images from the viewer program directly into the PS workspace is something I find easier to use rather than using the "edit with" option.Acdsee excels at this.

Sure this program is in it’s infancy but having the program not rely on a cache database,my Acdsee cache is currenly is over 300 meg. and its speed at reading diff folders is very impresive.

Not having the program recognise PSD files is a major drawback at the moment.

Still keep up the good work , it’ll be intersting to see this program develop.
B
bagal
Sep 9, 2004
Yeh – have you seen the EXIF info too?

I DID NOT realise that exif stuff covered such a wide range

So for the designers thumbs up!

However – a bit more work to do: I cannot read the last few lines of Exif info as the scroll is at its endpoint and there appears to be a line or 2 I cannot view.

Product dev:
1 – if u r serious (cerious?) get PSDs in purty quickly – almost everyone here depends on PSDs excluding them excludes a bunch of functionality

FWIW I have 3 – yes I’ll confirm that again – 3 free image management bits of kit

Picasa – because it gives an overview that gels with my image management data tree

XnView – cos it lists EXIF and IPTC data at a glance

Misere – coz of EXIF data

Now then to take a slef centric approach, all I need is one program that will amalgamate the lot 🙂

FWIW – these explorer directory tress leave me cold – WE does that Picasa does it rather better from a file management perspective

Keep up the good work all and I hope the revisions return a bit of kit that will blow my socks off

Articus

"MAX" wrote in message
Having used many Image Viewers over the years ACDSEE 6 and Compupic being the current 2 I most use this program has alot of potential.Fast simple and efficient. Editing within the program isn’t important for me as I use PS for that. Yes the PS link fails for me also, plus on my system (XP Pro) the thumnail titles ect overlapping the actual thumnail is rather useless.The thumnails and the data you want showing needs work.
Using dual monitors and being able to drag images from the viewer program directly into the PS workspace is something I find easier to use rather than using the "edit with" option.Acdsee excels at this.
Sure this program is in it’s infancy but having the program not rely on a cache database,my Acdsee cache is currenly is over 300 meg. and its speed at reading diff folders is very impresive.

S
Scraphead
Sep 9, 2004
Yes, I just use acdsee for browsing and viewing, so really, the faster the better. Which gives this program a big plus sign for me. Just need the psd viewing and we’re good to go!!

"MAX" wrote in message

BE
bald eagle
Sep 12, 2004
I have used VuePro for years and quite like it.

I did however try out your product.

One of the things that I like to do is to save pictures as a Wallpaper and I did not find option.

I took a photo that I had put a vignette around in photoshop and had saved as a .jpg. I converted it to a .bmp, saved it (thru Visere) and then tried to apply it as a wallpaper and the vignette did not some thru.

Why would that be?

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:38:33 -0400, "Darian Muresan" wrote:

A few months ago I have posted a listing for a free image viewer that I had initially developed. I asked for your feedback and based on some of your responses we now have now created a new version of Visere. Some of Visere’s features are:

6. Visere is free.

As before, any comments or suggestions on how to improve Visere are more than welcome. I thank you in advance for taking the time to try out Visere and I look forward to all your awesome feedback. I also apologize in advance for those of you that might be offended by this email and consider it spam. It is not intended as such!

Feedback on Visere or anything else is welcome. Please send email to darian at dmmd punct net.

Sincerely yours,
Darian Muresan
DM
Darian Muresan
Sep 12, 2004
Dear Boldeagle,

You can send images directly to the desktop using the menu:

File/Send/Desktop/As Wallpaper

Sincerely yours,
Darian

ps: if you have problems saving files please send me a copy of the file you are
trying to save and we’ll look at it.

"bald eagle" wrote in message
I have used VuePro for years and quite like it.

I did however try out your product.

One of the things that I like to do is to save pictures as a Wallpaper and I did not find option.

I took a photo that I had put a vignette around in photoshop and had saved as a .jpg. I converted it to a .bmp, saved it (thru Visere) and then tried to apply it as a wallpaper and the vignette did not some thru.

Why would that be?

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:38:33 -0400, "Darian Muresan" wrote:

A few months ago I have posted a listing for a free image viewer that I had
initially developed. I asked for your feedback and based on some of your responses we now have now created a new version of Visere. Some of Visere’s
features are:

6. Visere is free.

As before, any comments or suggestions on how to improve Visere are more than welcome. I thank you in advance for taking the time to try out Visere

Feedback on Visere or anything else is welcome. Please send email to darian
at dmmd punct net.

Sincerely yours,
Darian Muresan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections